9. In Love

I panted heavily as sweat ran down my brow, my insides churning while being stretched in and out...in and out. The feeling had become too intense for me to handle, and I had become almost too flustered and fragile to form a complete sentence. I let out a pained groan as I sat atop Rengoku's lap, feeling him stretch me out. "R-rengoku! Please! Ack! No-no more please im begging!" I pleaded.

He did nothing but laugh at me before releasing me from his binding grip. I let out an exhausted sigh as I slid off of his lap and onto the ground below. "Well done Y/N! You've added 7 more seconds to the amount of time you can handle my flexibility training! Good job, boy!" Rengoku praised. I grew extremely flustered as I recalled my previous attempts at getting him to let me go.

 I gasped on the floor as I sat there stiffly, not wanting to apply stress to my previously stretched out muscles. "Sure. Thanks....c-can I eat now?! Its been more than 15 hours." I moaned in aggravation. He tilted his head at me and suddenly became serious. " It seems as though your natural lust for my flesh has increased. If I don't do something about your starvation, you will surely end up harming me." He placed his hand against his sword.

My eyes widened as I stood up on shaky legs, struggling to stand. "Wait! I-I can last a few more...hours...I think." I shakily smiled at him. He gave me a sympathetic look and approached me happily. He picked me up by the back of my neck with one hand, somehow giving me a feeling of extreme comfort. I shut my eyes before he placed me over his shoulder, patting my legs with a sigh. "Im joking. I could never." He reassured.

I smiled a bit as he began to walk back to our cave. It's been a week since Rengoku and I started living together. It's been great minus the extreme amount of endurance and flexibility training he put me through. Not only that, but he has been training my body to be able to withstand days without eating. He hopes that I can get used to not eating for up to a week, but so far, I've only ever lasted 15 hours. I was pulled out of my thoughts by Rengoku slamming me against the foliage beds we made in the cave. I groaned a little and opened my eyes to find him on top of me with his sword at my throat. He suddenly looked serious, and it made my blood run cold. I panted in fear as Rengoku raised his sword to penetrate my neck. 

My eyes widened as I quickly dodged and stood up, my weakened body due to starvation and over-stimulation of my muscles making it much harder than it needed to be. "R-rengo-" "Die you foul demon!" He interrupted as he sliced at my body. I gasped and shrunk down into a toddler like size, evidently making Rengoku falter. I punched him in the knee but not enough to severely injure him, before running away and out of the cave. The cold breeze enveloped my body as I panted heavily, running away from Rengoku at quick speeds. Everything went silent as I shut my eyes to blink. Suddenly, I heard the sound of an object cutting through the wind, causing me to open my eyes and use my flexibility to my advantage. 

I ducked down do a back-bridge and whimpered out in exhaustion. The object had gone straight over my torso, and punctured halfway through a tree. I panted heavily and looked towards the object, coming to find that it was Rengoku's beautiful blade. I sighed out before suddenly being pushed down onto the ground by Rengoku's strong leg. He pressed his foot into my ribs, with a stern look on his face. I grabbed his ankle and stared at him through his large eyes, most likely making me look helpless and vulnerable. My eyes widened as I smirked before quickly turning my body and causing Rengoku to fall onto his side, quickly regaining his composure and getting into a martial arts stance.

My claws and teeth sharpened as I growled at him, using it as nothing but an intimidation tactic. I raised my tone and almost jokingly hissed at him, ultimately making a fool of myself. He turned his head away, and began shaking and whimpering in front of me. I tilted my head in confusion and hesitantly let my guard down, soon coming to realize that he was laughing at me. I placed my hands at my sides and balled them into fists, snarling at his hearty laughter. A tear rolled down his cheek as he began to calm down. Rengoku's features softened as I began to grow back to my normal size. "Well done." He congratulated me. He removed his blade from the nearby tree and placed it in front of himself on the ground. Rengoku, as well as his sword, faced me. Rengoku dropped to his knees in front of me getting himself wet in the snow beneath our feet. 

"I...I apologize. I didn't warn you of our upcoming test, and I soon came to realize that I had forgotten to tell you when you ran away from me, genuinely afraid. The test was to see how you responded to sudden acts of violence directed at you, by me, a human." He pressed his head and hands into the snow, groveling in front of me. I grew flustered at his sudden vulnerability. Letting out an enraged sigh, I slowly began to approach him, picking up speed as he sat up and began to open his eyes. His eyes widened as I suddenly tackled him back into the snow becoming playfully aggressive. 

"Don't scare me like that! You really made my heart ache you jerk!" I punched him in his practically rock hard chest, before stopping my "powerful" advances and staring him in the eyes, my face gone red from embarrassment and frustration. I sighed from my exhaustion before quickly standing up from my straddling position on top of him, and turning my back to him. I allowed him to regain his composure, which took longer than expected. "I accept your apology...but no training  for 2 days to make up for this!" I bargained. 

He nodded, not speaking a single word to me as his posture became more relaxed than his usually guarded state. He stood by my side as I walked back home, avoiding all eye contact I could possibly make with him. And surprisingly, Rengoku didn't speak a single word the entire time as we walked home together. Maybe I was a bit too harsh on him earlier, but who knows. I sighed and slowly looked over at him, swiping some of my H/L, H/C  hair out of my face. Rengoku's face was enveloped in all shades of the most fair pink, it was hardly noticeable, but maybe he was red due to the cold. I can't jump to conclusions. I went back to looking straight ahead with my arms crossed, and sat in the entrance of our home. 

#Third Person POV#

Rengoku contemplated his feelings, never having felt such intense emotions before. It was almost like he was going through his adolescent/pubescent stage once more. In other words, he felt as though he had been going through a second, more intense, puberty. His heart raced, and his face felt warm. His body grew hot and certain areas tensed up whenever he was around Y/N. Rengoku stood tall in front of the seated demon before him, crossing his arms and never making eye contact. "I have somewhere to be today, start the bath and prepare your dinner without me." He said less enthusiastically. In truth, he was just seriously confused.

Y/N nodded with a soft and flustered smile, making Rengoku's heart race even more than before. Rengoku nodded in return and began on his journey to visit a few other Hashira's for consolation. That day, he spent his time conversing with Gyomei, Uzui, and Shinobu, as they were the only ones available, about his feelings towards the demon. He didn't directly mention the demon, in fear of getting him involved of course, but he just stated his recent feelings towards a "certain someone". 

"Oh dear! Kyojuro, it sounds to me that you've fallen in love with someone. I wish you luck on your journey to claiming their heart." Shinobu practically congratulated. 

"Whoa! Now thats something you wouldn't expect from someone like you! Hmm...if I had to say, it sounds like your heart has fallen for someone. So, what are they like hmm? Are they pretty? I wonder what your type is." Uzui questioned. 

"Rengoku, you've fallen in love. Your lust to have them as your own, and to have their affection, has taken over your heart. You must be very attracted to them in order to ask for consultation from me. I suggest you attempt at winning their heart with gracious gifts, or whatever it may be that they enjoy. I pray that they return your feelings. But do not sway from your work." Gyomei happily advised. 

That day, Rengoku's mind raced about, wondering how to win over his beloved crush. They had known each other for more than 2 weeks, so the attraction was fair since they spent everyday together quite literally. What shall Rengoku do in order to secure his newfound interest?

#To be continued# ..1575 words..