~Chapter 15~

The tears well up in my eyes as I look around the normal entrance hall. Injured people are strewn across the floor with people tending to them as best as the can.

But that's not what upsets me the most. 

Anthony and I run to our father's body. "Father?"  I ask. "Hello Alexia. You fought?" His voice sounds strained. "That doesn't matter. Father what happened?" He takes in a breath that looks painful. "I got surrounded by twelve. My knights were outnumbered. They fell like flies, soon they just fought me til I was on the ground." One of the tears escapes my eyes.

I look behind me to King Neil. I gesture for Thomas to bring him forward. I grab my sword out and grab him. "This is all your fault. My father is severely injured. I was hoping to see you beheaded but now I am going to torture you til your dying day." I pierce the sword slightly into his neck. Blood drips slowly, he groans but I take the sword out. 

"You are a horrible man and I am going to enjoy torturing you." I grit my teeth to stop myself from screaming at this worthless man. "Alexia, come here." I turn to my father and hold his hand. 

"I am not going to survive this_" "No, you will." I cut him off, the tears fall uncontrollably now. "Alexia, listen to me." I loo into his blue eyes that I inherited. "Anthony, you will be King soon. Take care of the Kingdom,  make sure you keep the power within our family." "Father, no." Anthony chokes on his words and, "I can't. Please don't go. You are a better King." "Anthony, you will be the best King this Kingdom will see. Take care of your sister, even though she may tell you not to, make sure you always do." My father looks away from both of us. 

"I love all of you, remember that your mother and I have always loved you and we still will, whether we are alive or not." 

"Where is mother?" Anthony asks, the tears from the two of us fall repeatedly on my father's old armour. "Someone came into here in diguise as she was helping the first few wounded, they stabbed her, she was gone instantly." I stifle a sob and put my hand over my mouth. 

"Children, listen to me. There is a lot of information you need to read after everything is sorted. You'll find it here." He stuffs a piece of crumpled paper in my hand. "Only look for it together. Only look for it when all the order is restored and the system goes back to normal." Anthony and I lock eyes with our only living parent. "I'm slowly going. Goodbye, you made me a very proud father and I am happy to have lived while raising you both. Take care of the castle, the kingdom but most importantly take care of each other." He takes a breath, a final long breath. 

"No, no, father no." Anthony listens for a heartbeat and he closes his eyes and the tears fall faster.

I look at my father's body, he was the best father I could ask for. 

Anthony still sobs but I stand up. I wipe my tears away and turn to glare at the King, the King who is the reason my parents are gone. Anthony stands next to me as well. He orders for knights to come over. 

"Put him in the dungeons as he awaits trial, do not listen to his complaints or threats. Make sure he only gets a piece of bread a day, he is the reason for King Harrison's death and Queen Sharon's murder." I look at him in surprise. He already sounds like our father. 

The guards nod and drag the bleeding King to the dungeons. 

Thomas goes to Anthony and they walk upstairs. I have one final look at my father then go to Nicholas. 

"I'll find a room for you." I say, my words are empty and no emotion is shown on my tear-stained face.

I walk up the stairs and open the room next to mine. "Here you go." I expect him to go inside and sleep. 

"Alexia, I'm sorry, my father he_" I put my hand up. "You don't need to apologise, your father needs to." I go into my room but he follows. 

"Do you want me to do anything to help you?" He asks. "Just wait a minute." I go into my wardrobe and take off the armour and change into a clean nightgown. 

I carry the heavy armour and dump it in the corner of the wardrobe. I grab a piece of paper and write a note on it, I fold it a few times as well. "Can you give this to your father tomorrow?" I hand him the folded paper and he nods. 

I sit on my bed and gesture for him to sit next to me. I lean my head on his shoulder. "I miss being friends with you," I say. "I also miss my parents." I hold in the tears and blink them away.

"I miss being friends with you too." He wraps his arms around me and I lean into him more. "I miss them," I don't feel like crying anymore, just getting my revenge. "You have every right to miss them," 

"Should I be crying?" I ask. "Only if you feel like you should." And then the tears fall and my sobs fill the silence of my room.

(A.N): The feels in this chapter though. I know, I am a sadistic person for killing of her parents but thats just one of the many upcoming plot twists.

I was going to say I hoped you enjoyed reading this but it doesn't seem right to say that now. 

R.I.P~ King Harrison and Queen Sharon.