Chapter 34

Alexia POV (short chapter today sorry)

Once we all made our way to the palace we all sat down in Anthony's room, contemplating what just happened. Christoph went back to where he came from, apologizing repeatedly. He said he would visit sometime but he had to take care of his mother. 

I turn my gaze around the room, taking in the different emotions displayed. Shane looked awkward and displaced, George was eyeing Shane with confusion, Anthony was holding on Felicia, Felicia was looking at me with an unreadable face and Thomas looked hurt and angry. I drum my fingers on my sword lightly, starting to feel the awkward tension that was evident in the room. 

"Why did you interfere with our business?" Thomas finally lets out. Shane looks at him blankly, "I heard someone in the forest, that isn't part of the palace so I have a right to look around." My mouth falls agape at his response; does he want Thomas to hurt him? "Yes it was in your area but once you saw you could have called guards to deal with it, Christoph is nothing of your concern. You also shouldn't have held Anthony back; Alexia may let you make contact with her but Anthony is a king now." I comb my hand through my hair, why must he always make a big deal out of everything?

"Tom, what Shane did was right. I could have done something I would have regretted." Thomas lets out a sigh of defeat and slumps back into the wall. Shane leans towards me, "I should leave now, my family will be worried." I nod and let him leave. A few minutes pass silently before Thomas opens his mouth again. 

"I don't think you should be friends with him." I grip my sword, restraining myself from silencing him permanently. "Well your opinion isn't taken into consideration, I can make judgements by myself. I don't need your approval of who I can and cannot converse with." With that I stand up and leave the room, slamming the door when I exit. 

I hope Thomas will finally put an end to his unnecessary commandments. He thinks Shane is interfering, how about himself? He jumps into my business all the time! Well, he won't be able to get away with it anymore. And for him to think it was okay to have a romantic session in the middle of the previous circumstances! Nicholas died and then his sister was captured and all Thomas was thinking about was 'Since Nicholas is gone it's okay for me to smooch Alexia in the middle of a frantic search'. 

Imbecile. 

I decide to visit the village outside the palace. I haven't made a local appearance in some time. I go back to my room and change into a more formal dress (the chest+sleeves of the first and skirt design of the second). It has a silver chest, bejewelled with silver beads and sequins. The skirt of the dress is made of a gray, almost beige, satin that folds into loose pleats across the bottom half of my body. 

Nina fixes my hair with a plait going from one side to the bottom where a low side bun is styled. She arranges some guards and a horse for me and I'm soon out of the palace gates and inside the village of my people. 

(A.N): Just realised that I totally skipped chapter 33....so this is 34 and the previous one is 33. 

this is her hair style~~