~Chapter 24~

(A.N): Alexia's sword and sheath's picture is attached. 

"Alexia?" I turn at the sound of Anthony's voice. "There you are!" He looks at the blood on my leg. "There were people here." I say. "Can you help me get back?" I ask. He nods and I put my arm around his shoulder and we make our way slowly through the maze. "How did you get here?" I ask him. "I got halfway by going opposite to your instructions earlier and then I wandered around for a while." I smile and we reach about halfway through. "So you know the way from here perfectly?" He nods. "What happened after I left?" I look at the ground.

"I went to the end just in case there were people there. There were four of them." He stops and gestures to the blood stain. "I got in a fight with," I am wary to mention his name. "Who Alexia?" He urges. "Christoph." Anthony freezes.

"What? Alexia what happened?" "He apologised." I don't want to mention what else he said. "That's it?" "No. He said and did more."

"He wanted revenge on you, but after a while he bought up something he said when we were younger and I was able to talk sense into him because of what he promised me before." I remember when he told me that. Every single second of it is clear I in my mind and I'm glad he remembers it as well. "What did he promise you?" I blush and look away.

"Something childish but both of us took it seriously." I hear him chuckle. "At least he doesn't want to hurt any of us anymore." "He mainly wanted to hurt you only but before he was willing to hurt me to hurt you." I turn back to Anthony. "You really did damage his face." I say. "I know. I didn't mean to. I would never do that to my friend on purpose. Is it getting any fainter?" I shake my head. "It's still obvious. The fact that it's on his face is the reason he really wanted revenge."

"I'm sure you still would have liked him even if he did have a scar on his face." My cheeks heat up and I bend the hand hanging on his shoulder and hit his face. "Stop talking nonsense." He laughs. I try to sound as genuine as possible. He smiles. and I try to stop the heat from my cheeks. "He isn't going to be disturbing us any longer." I say as I try to divert the subject to another one. He sighs. "I would rather he just talked to us again."

"At least that's one threat we now know isn't going to harm us." I try to sound enthusiastic as possible, but I lost Christoph again, now I know he'll never see me anymore.

"Yeah," Anthony whispers.

We continue to my room in the palace in silence. When I am on my bed he leaves the room to get bandages. Two people enter through my open door. Nicholas sits next to me and Felicia looks around and sits on a chair.

"Christoph, never thought any of us would see him again." I agree with Nicholas. "I thought he was dead." Felicia brings up. I nod. "He's supposed to be, my father did say he was killed. Someone must have helped him."

"What did he say, we saw from a window. First you were fighting and then when both of you got injured," Nicholas looks down at the blood from my leg, "you started talking. From here we could see you were quite emotional then he left. What did you say to him?"

I look down at icicle. "I told him that if he was ever my friend then he wouldn't hurt anyone, especially Anthony." "But wasn't he trying to hurt you?" Felicia asks. "Well at first yes, but after I talked to him he said he never wanted to hurt me but if it got to Anthony he would do it. Later on he left, probably he was ashamed of himself."

"I feel sorry for him in a way. He is a nice person but because of that scar he started seeking revenge on Anthony. He must have changed because of it." I glare at Felicia. I stand up and look her in the eye. "You think you know him?" I point accusingly at her and she presses her back into the chair further. I guess she's the one afraid now not me.

"You always taunted him just like you did to me, how would you know how he's like?" my voice gets louder and she gulps nervously, "and after all these years you pretend that you actually know him? Why don't I just scar your face and see how you'll react?" I pull out my dagger and point it at her face, just millimetres away from her cheek.

"Alexia, what are you doing?" I turn and see Anthony at the door. I retract my dagger and chuck it onto my bed. "Nothing, it doesn't matter." I go to Anthony, snatch the bandages from his hand and leave the room.

I limp over to my parents' room and close the door. I sit on the ground against the cold and unlit fireplace and pull up my dress so I can bandage my thigh.

I will need to clean it first.

I stand up and go to my parents' washroom and wet one of the bandages.

After I sit back in my previous position I place the wet cloth to my leg. It stings on contact and I bite my lip to prevent me from crying out. I rub the cloth over the wound and once the blood is mostly gone I realise how deep the incision actually is.

At least I can't see the bone.

I start wrapping my leg and tuck the remaining cloth underneath the previous layers once I'm done.

I let my head lean against the side of the fireplace.

As sadistic as it may sound, I wish I could make her feel the way I did when I was younger.

I'll just show her that she can't torment me anymore, and what I did today was only the beginning.

(A.N): Pretty lame and short chapter but I will start working on the next one right away. Who do you want me to include? Shane, Thomas, George maybe? Anyway, comment suggestions if you want.

Thanks for reading the 24th chapter of The Runaway Princess.