~Chapter 4~

Please excuse any grammatical mistakes or spelling mistakes~~~

Chapter 4~~~

I climb through the window and collpase onto the floor. They really have stepped up their security. The guards nearly got me. I wipe the sweat from my forehead away and put my sword and daggers away. Without changing I go to the door and check if anyone's outside. 

A guard just turns around to another corridor, I sneak my way downstairs. "Thank goodness my shift is over, the King is making us work so much longer ever since the sign of an intruder. Well, at least the pay is getting higher." I duck behing an empty armour and wait til they pass.

This is really getting hard for me, maybe I shouldn't have jumped down a few days ago. 

I sprint to the kitchen and check if anyone is inside. 

The light is off but I can barely make out the shapes of hanging pots. I make my way over and take two pots, a chopping board, a couple of knives and four pairs of spoons and forks. I then realise I forgot to bring a bag. I mentally curse myself for being so stupid. I scan the kitchen and find a few baskets. I dump everything inside then look for some food. 

Three pieces of meat is then put in another basket along with some vegetables. 

That should be enough for now, I think to myself. I grab the baskets and hang them on my arms. I walk to the door and check for any guards, none. They must all be outside. 

I quickly make my way up the stairs and into my room. I hide all the stuff under my bed and then change into an aqua gown. I fix my hair and put it into a side braid. I then slip into a pair of white heels then go back downstairs.

I fimd my brother heading to his room with his sword. Instead I go over to him. "So, Anthony did you beat anyone today?" He turns around. "Yeah I bet a few people. I wish Prince Thomas would visit again. He was a worthy opponent and he is a good friend." I smile but its fake. I never really liked Thomas. He is such an arrogant person.

"How many swords do you have?" I ask him. He gestures for me to come into his room.

"I don't know but I can show you." We walk into his room and instantly feel jealous. Swords, bows, arrows, spears and daggers are hung up all around his room. His room is splattered with the colours green, blue and black. And what do I get? Red, pink and purple. Ugh!

"I wish i could decorate my  room like this." I say as I admire a long sword. I take it off the wall and position it in my hands comfortably.

"Do you want to fight?" I ask him. His eyes widen and his jaw drops. "You are joking right?"  He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Of course. Because Princesses can't fight." I mimic my mother's voice.

"How about tomorrow? I don't want to damage anything." My eyes light up. "Really?" I have never gotten the chance to fight without hiding.

He nods. "Early in the morning. I will wake you up before breakfast." I put the sword back and hug him  "Thank you thank you thank you." He pushes me off.

I laugh and go to his window. "Do you think you could escape the maze quickly?" I ask him. Its a very large maze, there are trapdoors placed everywhere.

"No way. I would probably fall into a trap straight away."

"How about this. If you win tomorrow. I can't ever fight again and if you win you give me that sword and you go into the maze." I gesture to the sword I got earlier.

He thinks about it for a while then nods. "But if I shout for help you have to come find me okay?" I shrug. "Okay." I stick out my hand. "Deal?" He takes my outstretched hand. "Deal." He replies confidently. "You better take a long time to fight. Because it might be your last." I roll my eyes. No wonder Thomas and Anthony are friends.

"Do you want to use one of my swords?" I shake my head. "No thanks." He doesn't know that I have my own sword.

I leave his room and go to mine. I have watched many of Anthony's fights before so I have an idea about how he fights. Unlike me he likes to go straight for the upper body, whereas I mainly disable the person by jabbing their legs or arms then striking. I need to be fast to block his strikes though. He is extremely fast. But he may not be fast enough.

(A.N): Sorry its a very short chapter but I am going to start the next chapter straight away. Sorry it took so long but I was working on my other stories. I will try to focus on this one a bit more.