~Chapter 30~

Tonight as a celebration for Anthony's coronation, a masquerade ball is being held in the palace. Nina arrived in my room just earlier and is currently trying to find a dress that will match the mask she made.

I on the other hand, am laying on my bed waiting.

"I found the dress!" Nina exclaims. I expect to see the dress but her hands are empty. "Where is it?" I ask. "You can't see it now! It's a surprise. Aaah! You are going to look beautiful!" Nina has always loved dressing me up. An idea pops to my mind. "Nina, you should come. You would look stunning." She looks excited but of course her working side comes out.

"But I'm a maid." I roll my eyes and pull her to the rack of dresses. "We are going to find you a dress and mask. You will look like the princess." She smiles and rummages through the different silks, velvet and lace.

"Thank you your majesty. You are ever so generous and caring." Hearing the excitement in her voice makes me smile. She deserves to look spectacular; since she always help others do so.

She picks out a long, lace, red dress. "Is this one okay?" I roll my eyes and push it closer to her. "Try it on!"

She laughs and I leave the wardrobe so she can change.

~~~~~~~Yes I know what you are thinking. "What? Time lapse already?" Yes, time lapse already. Or maybe that isn't what you're thinking but meh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I look around the ballroom and the staff and workers were certainly able to decorate quickly. Of course it isn't finished. But it looks beautiful so far. The chandeliers are lit along with the hundreds of tiny candles on the wall that give the sense that you are surrounded by stars. "It looks amazing doesn't it?" I whip my head to where Nicholas suddenly showed up. "Yes it does. How did I not notice you?" He smiles and steps forward. "You were staring at the giant chandelier."

He chuckles lightly. "Do you want to accompany me to the ball?" I am taken aback by his sudden request. I didn't know it was necessary to go as couples but Nicholas and I have been straying apart recently. "Of course I will." He smiles and takes one of my hands in his. He kisses it lightly on the knuckles. "Thank you Alexia. You are sure to look beautiful tonight." And with that he leaves the ballroom with me blushing profusely.

After my cheeks start to lessen in red, I leave the room as well and decide to watch Anthony and Thomas practise.

I walk to the training field and sit on a bench next to Felicia. "Hello Alexia." I smile at her. "Hello Felicia. Are you and Anthony going together tonight?" She nods and her smile is so wide.

"Are you and Thomas?" Why is it that she automatically thinks that?

"No, I'm going with Nicholas." She nods and her eyes flick over to Thomas. "I thought you would be going with Thomas. Didn't he ask you?" I shake my head and her eyebrows furrow. "He's confusing." She concludes. I have to agree to that. He is the most confusing person I know.

A loud metallic noise rings through the air. I turn back to the fight and see Anthony on the ground with Thomas standing above him, pointing the sword at Anthony's now exposed head. Thomas helps him up then removes his helmet, his eyes meeting mine. A small smile makes its way to my lips.

He walks towards me, his sword swaying lowly as he continues.

Sitting down next to me he eyes Felicia and she stands up and runs over to Anthony. I watch as her blonde hair wisps around as she runs. "Do you want to come to the ball with me tonight?" Instantly I turn around with a slight frown. "Sorry, I can't." He frowns. "Why not? Did I do something wrong to upset you?" I shake my head and laugh lightly.

"You didn't do anything wrong Thomas. Nicholas just asked me earlier and I agreed. That's all." Instead of understanding I see his face glower in anger. He stands and runs back to the palace. "Thomas!" I call, I start running as well but he is too fast.

When I reach the doors of the palace, I hear shouting from the dining hall. I pick up my dress so I can run faster. The door to the dining hall is widely open, meaning someone pushed it forcefully. I stop at the opening and stare at the scene that has started. "What is wrong with asking her?" Nicholas asks.

"You knew I was going to ask. We talked about it last night with Anthony and Felicia!" Thomas shouts, pointing his sword at Nicholas. "Are you going to fight me?" Nicholas asks mockingly. I see him with a malicious smile. This isn't the Nicholas I know.

"Gladly, if that proves that I love and deserve Alexia more than you do then I will!" My mouth hangs open. They shouldn't fight. That will just make matters worse! And what makes it even more threatening is that they're fighting because they both claim to love me.

"Good. I will meet you outside when the sun is at its peak." Nicholas exits, kissing my cheek on the way.

I hear Thomas grind his teeth but his eyes soften when he sees me. "Alexia, I'm sorry you heard that." I narrow my eyes and step towards him. "It didn't have to happen in the first place." I say blankly, no emotion coming from my words.

"Alexia," he grabs my hands but I pull them free. "No. You are going to fight each other. Do you think this is going to solve anything? Either of you could get hurt. Why do you have to act so childish? It's just a ball." Hurt flashes in his eyes but it's soon replaced with anger again. "Childish? Fighting over what you believe in is childish? If I'm not mistaken, your father fought over your mother!" He says, raising his voice.

"Well does it look like I'm her?" I shout back. "All the time everyone is comparing me to her, saying I should be like her because she was perfect. Well guess what? I don't want to be like her and I never will. I don't want two people I care about fighting over me and I never will!" I don't notice that I'm crying until the tears fall out.

"Alexia pl_" I put my hand up to stop him. "Do you want to know why I agreed to go with Nicholas?" I ask angrily. He doesn't look like he does but he doesn't speak. "I agreed because I felt that I haven't been spending a lot of time with him. No romantic feelings involved. It may be for him but it isn't for me. I don't have feelings for him Thomas, I have feelings for you." I say softly. His eyes widen but I run out crying like the little girl I used to be.

I enclose myself in the room leaving me with a lot of tears and unanswered questions running through my mind.