Chapter three

I slip into a short black dress that hugs my body in all the right places, making me actually look, not like a little boy, for once.

I apply makeup, and even go all out with red lipstick.

I'm excited to fucking drown and party my sorrows away.

Considering I don't have to pay rent anymore, I actually have a bit of money that I was saving for next months rent, so I'm definitely going to be using some of that to drink away my problems.

Hopefully I'll meet an attractive guy that can help me escape reality just a little more, but, probably not.

I clatter down the hall in my heels, my steps echoing as I walk. Wearing shoes in this house, anyone can hear me coming from miles away. I make a mental note to not wear shoes when I'm eavesdropping, thank god I was just in socks earlier so I could hear all the shitty things Roman really thinks about me. I didn't think we were gonna be best friends but honestly, I didn't think he hated me that much.

Alyssa's in her room getting ready, so I knock on her door.

"Come in."

I walk into her room. It's beautifully colourful, blues and reds and yellows, but the colours are pastel and muted so that it's still classy.

She's sat on the floor, in front of her floor length mirror, in a red floaty dress, putting huge earrings in. I feel my own empty ears and frown, and then remember I don't own any earrings.

Alyssa notices. "Wear these," she thrusts out a pair of big, chunky gold hoops.

I instantly feel bad. I instantly feel like a charity case. And a gold digger, like Roman said. And no matter how much I hate him, a small part of me cares what he thinks. A small part of me wonders if he's right. I don't know why I'm questioning it. I didn't tell her for two years. And I certainly didn't expect her to let me stay at their crazy nice apartment.

Why am I thinking so deep into this? It's only earrings. Friends borrow other friends earrings. That's normal. However, friends don't normally live at their friends houses for free.

She sees my hesitation and puts them into my hand. "They'll go with your outfit perfectly."

I oblige, putting them on with a smile, knowing she's right. They do suit my outfit. I'm really going for the hoe-y look tonight. And you know what they say, the bigger the hoop-

We clatter downstairs in our heels. Roman's sat on the stool in the kitchen, and he can't help but look up, considering all the noise we're making, not just with our heels but as we chat about where we're going to go, excitedly, in high pitched squeals.

"I wonder if he'll be there," I say, ignoring Roman and continuing our conversation.

"I know, I-" Alyssa starts but Roman interrupts from where he's sat, "Who?" he demands.

I stay quiet waiting for Alyssa to answer. But it seems she does the same thing, and waits for me.

"Who?" He asks again, impatiently.

"Sam Fieldings," Alyssa sighs the answer, and pulls my arm to keep us walking.

"Fieldings? He's a shit Wide Receiver." Roman says, answering Alyssa, but only looking at me.

Wide Receiver? I don't know what that means. But I don't say that. I just keep my mouth shut. For once. I'm still hurt about what he said, not that he'd care if he knew.

"He's on the football team?" Alyssa stops and asks.

Oh, football, Wide Receiver, makes sense.