Chapter four

I walk into my bedroom at 5am, singing and then stop and scream when I see someone sat in the dark.

"Jesus christ, you scared me!" I say, flicking the light switch on when I see Roman sat on the bed.

I clutch my heart and attempt to steady my breathing.

How long has he been waiting there?

"How was your night?" He asks bitterly.

When we got to Sam's house I apologised and told him I didn't want to do anything. He was really nice about it, especially since he probably went to that club specifically to hook up with a girl. He was even nice enough to sleep on his couch, and let me sleep on the bed.

But I'm not telling Roman that nothing happened. I want him to think the absolute worst, and I don't even know why.

"Really good," I say with a knowing smile.

"Now, please get out of my room," I say walking to the dresser to take my makeup off. I then grab a big t-shirt from the floor and go and put it on in the bathroom.

I walk back into the bedroom. He's still sat there.

"It's technically my room. I'm paying rent, you're not."

I sigh. "I'm going to bed," a polite way of asking him to leave.

"Go to bed then," he says grumpily, not moving from my bed.

"Oh my god! You're being so immature. Stop acting like a jealous boyfriend and get out of my room."

"As I said, it's more my room-"

"Roman!" I interrupt, clearly annoyed.

He frowns, "Why are you calling me Roman?"

"Haven't we already been through this, last night? Do you suffer from memory loss?"

"It's my name, yeah, but you called me Ro Ro before-"

"Are you upset that I don't call you that anymore? Did you like it?" I tease.

His silence shocks me.

"You did?!" I gasp and clap my hands together. "You love my little nickname for you, Ro Ro."

He tries and fails to hide his smile.

"Is that a smile?" I gasp dramatically. "From no other then the stone cold quarterback every girl is desperate to change? From no other then the most eligible bachelor in the entire city?"

He smiles a little more, but I can tell he doesn't want to, because he bites down on the sides of his lips.

I whip out my phone and take a picture, using flash for emphasis. "I'm gonna be able to sell this photo for millions, thanks Ro Ro."

"Fucking crazy ass girl," he mumbles, but he's still half-smiling as he leaves, shutting the door softly behind him.

I look at the picture and smile. Maybe I'll have to print this one out, too. Just to annoy Ro Ro, of course.

At 10am, I sit down in my maths class just to discover I'm in the class with no other than Sam Fieldings, when he walks in talking to his friends.
The guy I friend zoned last night after he took me back to his house. Oops.

He sits himself down next to me, and I pray he's not going to be a dick. Not that he was last night, but people change when they're around other people. Especially people like him. Popular people.

"Hi," he smiles.

"Hi," I smile back.

"How are you? You were pretty drunk last-"

"Sam, move up a seat."

"What?" he asks.

I look up and see Ro Ro.

"Move up, that way," Ro Ro says, practically shooing him.

"Since when do you take maths?" Sam asks, clearly confused. Same Sam, same.

"Since now." Ro Ro replies, clearly starting to get annoyed.

"Roman," I whisper, looking around, "Please don't make a scene. Just sit next to Sam."

He sighs but does what I say.

"As I was saying," Sam continues, trying to ignore Ro Ro's glare. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." I reply awkwardly, not really knowing what to say, for once.

Thankfully, I'm saved because the class starts and, although Sam does try to speak to me a few times I just pretend I'm really interested in algebra.

"I don't get it." I hear Ro Ro whisper halfway through the class.

I lean across Sam, not being able to resist helping Ro Ro. I read his notes and see what he's struggling with, "X could also be -4.734 because there are two square roots of any number. It's the same number, but one is a positive and the other is a negative."

"Oh ok, thank you." Ro Ro mutters.

I smile and turn back to my work. But when I look up at Sam, he looks absolutely shell shocked.

"Did you just thank someone?" he asks Roman.

"Shut the fuck-"

"I've just never heard you thank someone before. I didn't even know it was a word in your vocabulary."

"Sam, I swear to god I'm so close to beating your ass up-"

"Stop, Roman." I say.

"Sorry," he mumbles.

"Sorry? Ok now you're joking, this has to be a fucking joke-"

I had to sit, listening to their bickering for the next hour, but it seemed Roman just got quieter and quieter.

As soon as the class ended I shot up from my seat and practically ran out of the room, not wanting to have to deal with either of them.

I bump into someone and I am instantly apologising. "Sorry, oh my god, I wasn't looking-"

"Paige?" Alyssa asks. "Why were you running?"

"Oh Alyssa I didn't see that it was you."

"Why were you running?" She asks again.

Can a gal not run around school without an interrogation? Jesus

"No reason." I shrug.

"I fear it may be something to do with my brother."

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Ok so," she slings an arm around my shoulder, "quiet night in tonight or another party?" she asks.

"Quiet night in."

She makes a buzzer sound. "Wrong."

"What? I thought you were asking me-"

"The correct answer is.." she does a drumroll, "another party!"

I groan.