01- A Second Chance

In a dark void laid our protagonist. He had come to this endless dark space not too long ago but he quickly understood his situation.

"So I died huh?" he smiled as he reflected on his life.

Ethan Scott was just your regular school grass university student when the apocalypse hit. Everyone in the campus canteen was caught off guard when their fellow schoolmate suddenly stopped eating the school food and stared at the person beside him like he was some piece of steak.

Needless to say, all hell broke loose in an instant. The canteen that used to be filled with juvenile students had been replaced with bloodthirsty zombies.

Luckily for him, he was able to awaken as a dual ability user with an affinity for wind and lightning attributes. Ethan quickly became a god in everyones eyes. He was the only dual ability user to exist and was treated as a rare treasure by the world.

Time went by and ten years had passed. Ethan had successfully led his army of high ranking supernaturals to war and finally reclaimed the lost lands of the world from the hands of the zombies.

Ethan won the final confrontation with the zombie king but not without risks. He had used up his spiritual reserves to the extreme during the fight and could only live for about a month after the battle.

Once this was announced to the world, everyone wept in regret. If they had been stronger, their savior wouldn't be on his death bed.

"I got you the last issue of that manga you like so much"

"Lucas I knew it was the right choice to not throw you as bait in the early days" Ethan joked.

His comment earned him a light punch on the shoulder from his best friend, "Shut up you damn otaku"

Laughter filled the hospital ward for a while.

Lucas stared at the my hero academia final issue manga in his hands with a serious expression.

'I guess i'll have to finish it tonight'

he looked outside and his pupils held a glint of urgency.

'There isn't much time left'

He bantered around with Lucas for sometime and reminisced about the past. Before Lucas left he gave Ethan a long hug. It seemed like they both knew this would be where they part ways.

After Lucas left the ward, Ethan picked up the manga and began to read the last issue.

The nurse took the hint that Ethan wouldn't want to be disturbed in his last hours for anything and respectfully put up the 'do not disturb' card on the door, which was something Ethan was grateful for.

It was midnight when Ethan finished the last issue.

"It was a good read but I still don't really like Deku"

Ethan didn't hate him, the greenette did his best but he just felt like things would have been better if All Might had a less stuttering type of successor that was all.

Ethan was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice his vision gradually getting darker.

In the morning, the nurse came in to check up on Ethan. She wasn't surprised to see his motionless body but she still couldn't stop the tears from pouring out. She solemnly relayed the news to the government officials.

The news of his passing was announced to the public.

On this silent day the world mourned.

Little did they know their savior was now in a dark void awaiting the unknown.