09- God really isn't fair

Momo Yaoyorozu?

Arthur's gaze deepened.

She looks more timid than how she was in the anime though?

Middle school was probably her growth period or me being reborn changed something?

As Arthur was contemplating the unexpected variable than popped up, Momo couldn't help lowering her head.

'Why is he looking at me like that?'

She sneaked a glance at the other students on the bus and noticed the envious looks directed at her, she lowered her head even lower wishing she had a teleport quirk right now.

Sora and Hikari watched the interaction between the two and couldn't help commenting.

"So the time has finally arrived"

"And here I thought he would die single"

Arthur simply gave them a glance: "Don't think I've forgotten about your betrayal earlier"

The two selectively ignored his threat as they continued to look at him with an innocent expression as if to ask what they did wrong.

Arthur stopped caring about the two as his attention was now drawn to the ever changing scenery outside.

Unfortunately since his rebirth into this world, in order to ensure his protection he hadn't been able to see much of the outside world in person.

Besides the occasional visit to the estate park or ice cream parlor with his parents, all his time was either spent at home, school or at training.

Thinking of this Arthur finally understood his parents worries. Such a restricted schedule really wouldn't be healthy for a normal kid.

"Wow~" Looking at the busy street filled with mutant quirk holders and heroes in flashy costumes scouting the scene, Arthur couldn't remain indifferent.

Of course all this had been seen from researching on the net but witnessing it in person just wasn't the same.

Momo saw all the changes on his face and couldn't help wondering why he was so excited. She looked outside again but didn't find anything unusual happening.

Arthur who noticed her questioning gaze explained a little awkwardly: "I don't get to come out often..." 

Arthur had just said this casually but he didn't know his words made Momo feel distressed! 

The plot of a caged socially deprived young master forced to inherit his father's legacy had been firmly implanted in her mind. 

It seemed like being the number one's son was not as beautiful as she thought.

And I thought my life was hard but compared to Yagi-kun my situation would be considered a luxury right?

Thinking of this her unease instantly vanished. It was as if a heavy burden had been lifted off her shoulders.

She looked at the boy beside her and her eyes couldn't help softening. 

Arthur also noticed Momo's gaze and thought nothing off it at first, it's just that after taking a second glance he felt that it seemed a bit weird.

He sensed pity?

Momo sighed: "Don't worry I'll ask my parents to adopt you"

Arthur: "?!"

"Hahahaha" The duo at the back that was watching the show couldn't hold it in.

...

The noisy school bus was filled with the chatters of students and the occasional reprimand of the hero escorts whenever a fight broke out.