Chapter 6- Sorry (Part 3)

Obito,Kakashi,Rin and Minato stood infront of the Konoha's gate with their own bag.

        "You better come back alive and without a scratch,you hear me Minato?"Kushina said with her dark aura flare out,making Minato sweatdropped."Not just Minato but the three of you too,ttebane..."she turned to face the three of them.

       "We will be back in no time.When we're back,let's have dinner together."Obito tried to lighten the mood.

        "We will be alright,take care of yourself."Minato kissed Kushina's forehead gently.

        "Wish us luck,Kushina-san."Rin hugged Kushina a few second before letting go.

        "Let's go..."the three of them nodded before started walking away.They wave at Kushina as they go further into the woods.

•••/•••

        "Let's stop here for the night." all of them nodded and started to unpacked their bags.Minato picked up some of the wooden sticks nearby and place it in the centre. "Allow me,sensei." Obito volunteer."Ok,but be careful- "before Minato could even finish his sentences,Obito already make the fire."Ok... It's settled then."It was silence for a moment.

       "Kakashi,could you go and get some water.Obito and Rin,you two go and gather some woods for the fire."

      Kakashi got up and picked their water bottles then left."Ermm... Let's go?"Rin just nodded.

•••/•••
[Obito's POV]

     "Rin... I'm sorry for yelling at you earlier.I still can't tell you WHY i've been acting like this..."i broke the silence since we gone to picked some woods.

     "..."

     "Rin?? "suddenly Rin stop mid-way and turned to me.

     "It's hurts me,you know- I'm your best friend?!W-wasn't that's what friend for,support each other in hard and good times?"tears started to fell down from her cheek.

      "I know i shouldn't push you to tell me...I'm sorry... But- You have to understand?! Not just how you act this past few months,but also how you looked me- You never looked me straight into my eyes and if you did- You looked at me as if i'm a ghost!!"

      A memory flashed inside my head,a memory where Kakashi's Chidori pierced through Rin's heart.

     My body started shaking. "I-i... I just- "i couldn't say anything OR think anything,my mind was completely shut down and my breathing was a bit heavier than usual.

     "Hey- Obito??!"Rin started to panic as she saw me shaking."I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." i said it over and over again.

     "Shhh... It's ok... I'm here."She wrapped her arms around my back,embracing me.It had been a very long time since i've acually had a warm and comfort hug.

      I tried to hold back my tears but- i just couldn't help it.Tears slowly fell down my cheeks and more followed right after.I cried quitely so that she wouldn't notice... But she noticed,cause she tighten the hug.

[Rin's POV]

     I felt bad for making him cry.Although Obito often cries but this ain't ok!

     I just wish i knew WHY... WHY he looked at me like that... WHY he was acting so cold and distant,he already said earlier but i know that's not the truth.The more i looked into his eyes,the more i saw guilt,regret... pain.Those eyes... It's not like the eyes of a 13 years old boy but the eyes of a grown man who seen more than anyone ever should.

[Normal POV]

       After a few minutes,Obito finally stop crying.He wiped his tears and thank Rin.

      "Let's go and get some woods before they search for us."Rin dusted her clothes.

      "No need,i already send two of my clones to get the woods.Oh... And here."Obito took a necklace from his pocket and hand it to Rin.It was a love shape and has a letter 'Best' on it.But it has a missing part.
(Like the image at the top)

      "Best what?"Rin asked.Obito pulled something from his other pocket and show it to Rin.It was a key shape bracelet and has a letter 'Friends' on it."Well we are best friends aren't we?So i made this for us,i know this not perfect but i tried my best."Obito flashed a smile and held up Rin's necklace and his bracelet that attached together.

      He then give Rin her necklace back."I suppose to give you after we get back from the mission but i'm just-  afraid that i'm not gonna make it."Obito lowered his voice so that Rin couldn't hear it.

      "Why did you say that??!We all gonna make it.We will go home together like we promised Kushina-san.Alright?"Rin's voice rise a bit.

     "I know,i just said i'm afraid not that i'll die or something."Obito chuckled,tried to cover his nervous.

     "Let's go..."Rin walked infront of Obito.Tried to change the topic.

     They almost near the camp where they will rest for the night when Obito suddenly spoke,making Rin stop mid-way.

      "Just remember,no matter what  happen;i'll always try my best to save the day."Obito flashed his signature smile before he continue his walk.Leaving Rin speechless.

•••/•••

     "You two worried me,i thought that something bad happened to you two.I was about to go and search for you guys."Minato said,worried about Rin and Obito.

     "We're sorry,sensei.It wouldn't happen again."Rin apologize.Obito rubbed the back of his head,chuckled nervously.

     "Fine... Eat up and then rest,tomorrow is a big day."Rin and Obito nodded their head then sat on the log that surrounded the fire.