𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱

Oh.

That wasn't supposed to happen.

I look back. Oikawa wasn't looking when my hand went through.

"Could you open the door please?"

I try to sound as natural as possible. It comes out a bit angry. I felt the shift in my emotions almost immediately. I went from how I usually am, to distant and cold once again. To the bittersweet numb that I felt before.

Things would only get worse if he found out what just happened.

"Sure? You're right there, why can't you open it?"

"Uh, the alternate timeline, you had more costumers at this time, you need to go."

"Shit, I forgot about that! I'll text you or something, I'll try to help you figure this out, okay?" He doesn't seem to notice my demeanor change.

"Yeah, great.. see ya."

He opened the door and ran out of it, thankfully leaving it open.

"Arthur what the hell is happening?"

I can't even turn around to face him. The cuticles on my fingers start to bleed, dripping down, but it doesn't hurt. I start to panic, trying to wipe it away, but the blood keeps falling.

I thought things were going well. Why again? My eyebrows furrow.

I turned around, Arthur looks down, then back at me.

"Don't freak out, okay?"

I only panic more. I feel strings of warmth on my cheeks. Tears I assume.

I wipe them away and see red.

It's blood.

What's going on?

I hear a loud thud directly below me. I flinch and look down.

I see myself.

My eyes were wide open and dripping with blood. My mouth was open.

I was dead.

What happened?

"Well, uh... that's unfortunate." Arthur places his hand on the back of his neck.

"What- What do I do? I was-"

"Calm down. You'll be okay. A demon of some type was trying to take over your body, but since you had the items with you, you just died instead. That's why you started bleeding. Your body was rejecting the spirit. That's weird, I couldn't even see it!"

"I was being possessed? How- What-"

Arthur grabs me by my shoulders.

"Calm down. Whoever is after you really hates you. They contacted a demon and sent it to posses you. No ghost would do this. It has to be a person."

Utter confusion. That's all I felt. All of that work for nothing? Just for me to die?

That's so stupid.

My fingers were stained red and my cheeks felt warm and sticky with blood. I probably looked awful. Not that anyone could see me anymore.