𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘇𝗲𝗹 𝗗𝗼𝗴

Auntie Anne's famous pretzel dough wrapped around a Nathan's Famous® hot dog is not your average snack.
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

How he convinced me? I don't remember. But if I could change my mind now, I would.

Happy hour was absolute hell.

Its 11:35 now, and we were the only ones left in the entire mall. I was ready to go home. I was thinking about just leaving him behind, but I honestly don't think I could do it.

He seemed super serious about whatever he was talking about and I don't know the last time he'd ever been serious.

It was really creepy. The windows in the food court were completely black from the night sky. The lights were more dimmed and the silence was killing me.

I hate this. Its eerie, yet somehow calm. I'll try to take my mind off of things.

I remember. I was about 6 years old. I used to love ice skating and would go all the time.

"Come on!"

I get pulled up from the bench by my hands.

"Just 5 more minutes?"

"No, you have to help me now! I'm too scared to go by myself."

He looks at me, pouting. Those familiar eyes never failed to convince me.

I sit up and see the ice rink.

I look down and see my tiny skates tightly tied onto my feet. I stand up and walk to the rink.

"Wait, don't go without me!"

I step onto the ice, holding my hand out for him to grab.

He steps onto the ice and starts to slip. He grabs my hand and holds it tight. I try to hold him up as much as I can, but he has absolutely no balance.

"Toru, stop moving so much, we're going to fall." I panicked.

"No, don't let go of me!"

He topples over and I get dragged down with him. I remember sitting up and seeing him still on the floor. He looked like he was going to cry, until I laughed.

He had no choice but to laugh with me.

Sometimes I wonder if it's my fault. Why am I always painted as the wrong one? What happened wasn't in my control. I tried.

I'm brought back to reality when I hear a quiet knock behind me.

"Did you get what you needed?"

He walks up and sets something onto the counter beside me. "Yeah. Sorry for leaving you alone, something could have happened."

"Huh? What do you mean 'something'?"

He doesn't respond. He opens his phone to look at the time.

11:55

"It always happens at midnight."

I frown. "Can you explain what the hell you're talking about? I'm getting kind of concerned."