𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘇𝗲𝗹 𝗗𝗼𝗴

Auntie Anne's famous pretzel dough wrapped around a Nathan's Famous® hot dog and topped with a simple three-cheese blend.
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ

"There you go, have a good day!"

"Yeah, have a fabulous day. Your pretzel is burnt because he was too lazy to make a new batch."

"Why did you even come here?"

I sit on the counter of the Auntie Anne's, watching Oikawa run like a headless chicken to get his work done.

Since I went missing, he had to do our shift all alone, and I decided to come along and watch. I decided not to answer his question either, I just continued staring out into the food court.

A certain memory had been bothering me today.

Closing time is soon, should I just ask him about it?

It tore me apart for years, so why am I so afraid to ask?

"Hey, did you pack your lunch today?"

"Yes."

"What's wrong?"

He stopped walking and looked me directly in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to Shiritorizawa?"

I looked away quickly.

"I didn't know how..."

"What do you mean you didn't know how? It's pretty easy to open your mouth and form words. Now that you're going there, how are we supposed to be friends? You know how much I hate that school and now you're going there?" 

"Are you serious? You're choosing to be angry at me? Our friendship obviously means nothing to you if your just going to hate me for something that wasn't my decision. I didn't want to go there either."

He doesn't respond, only stares.

"Whatever. You'd probably be best at Shiritorizawa. Away from me."

I cried when I got home that night. My very best friend was left be behind. He was supposed to be there for me but he let go because of something so small and simple.

Why?

It was only my first year of high school. I stopped talking to Oikawa and had made friends at Shiritorizawa. I forgot about him. I wish it could have stayed that way.

I was a little harsh on payback. I didn't mean to get payback in the first place. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I had someone who was more than a friend with me. Someone Oikawa wouldn't be too pleased to see holding my hand.

While At Shiritorizawa, I started going out with Wakatoshi. I haven't spoken to Oikawa since that day and I was happy.

Was.

I didn't know Oikawa would be there. I didn't mean to hurt him.