4

"Mom I would like to learn who my biological father is"

Here. I said it.

My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw the pain on my mother's face.

"Okay, if that's what you need. I'm sorry baby I'm trying to be enough but it feels like I'm failing miserably" her voice broke and she put her head in her hands.

No. Fuck, I didn't want that. What if she has a relapse of a depressive episode because of my stupid curiosity?

"Mommy, it's not that. I just want to learn about my past it has nothing to do with us. You're the only alive parent that I have and I will always love you. No one can replace you I don't want that. I'm just curious, it's nothing more than that"

She stopped crying and took my face in her hands.

"Honey, if that's what you want and need then we will try to find your biological father. I know I'm being difficult, I just don't want to loose you"

I could say that she still was coming to terms with my request.

"You're not going to loose me. I promise"

She sighted.

"Listen, we might need to postpone the search. Just for a little bit. I'm not saying no but unfortunately, there's only so much we can do without money, when our financial situation gets better we will come back to this discussion"

"Mom we don't need to hire anyone to do the job, I contacted a person who was my mother's best friend. Found her on Facebook. She said she knows my father's name but she won't tell me without your approval. She agreed to meet us in person for this"

"Fine. We will visit her then"

I hugged mom and thanked her for being so cool about it.

♥️♥️♥️

The next day, I went to school. Unfortunately, my day almost got ruined by a dick I met in the school's corridor.

"You're Lena Wright?"

"Yes, why?"

"I've heard you're doing math tutoring. My name is Michael Smith and I'm interested in your services"

"Nice to meet you Michael" I was about to continue speaking but he interrupted me.

"How much do you take? Can I pay in nature?"

He was too close. His breath stinks. Also, yikes.

"Technically cash is made from paper so it's natural but I already have a person I'm helping out so I have to decline your offer," I said trying to show with my voice that I'm unimpressed by his advances.

"But I really need help. How much is he paying you?"

"$20 for an hour"

"How about $40 from me?"

Damn private school kids really don't know what to do with money.

"I'm sold. When do you want to meet?"

"How about after school on Tuesdays? We can meet at my place" he grinned at me and I nodded.

"See you then"

This is when Zach appeared next to me. I didn't even notice him coming.

"You need to be careful, I've heard some bad stuff about him," Zach said after the blonde-haired boy disappeared from our sight.

"What kind of stuff?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"He's a playboy"

"Okay, I will keep it in mind" I scoffed at Zach's ridiculous remark. I wasn't about to resign from $40 anyway because he's going to hit on me while we study.