9

What if they hurt me? What if? If they decided to kill me no one would ever know. They could do everything torture me to sell me and I wouldn't be able to stop them.

Those kinds of thoughts were occupying my brain on the first night spend at Santel's mansion.

When I arrived with Gideon there was a greeting committee sitting in the living room with seriousness painted on their faces.

"Take a seat Lena"

I did as I was told, left with no other options.

The rest of my "brothers" were present in the room as well.

"Don't throw yourself into fights" Tobias muttered.

"And don't swear" Blake added.

"What they're trying to say" Julien started forcefully sending his brothers an annoyed look "is that we're sorry for what happened to you, how we behaved towards you was wrong"

"Can I go to the bedroom I'm staying in?" I asked not wanting to accept their apologies.

Gideon remained quiet for a long second but finally gave a nod and Julien offered to show me the way.

"If you need something I am in the room next door, okay?"Julien said and I nodded in response.

"Okay" I added sensing he would prefer a verbal answer.

At some point during the next day, I was caught by Gideon during my afternoon meal.

"Since you're here we should discuss rules"

I was sitting quietly I didn't care what he had to said and I hoped to show that with my body language arms crossed and not looking at him.

"Can we get this over with this? I'm tired" I said looking at him in defiance.

"There's no longer need for the scholarship to stay in school but I expect you to keep receiving good grades if I see the quality is suffering we will be talking. Finally, you're not allowed to meet with Chris"

"You mean my brother"

"He's a dangerous drug addict, I will make sure you won't have a chance to meet him if I ever learn that you purposely seek to contact him we will have a problem. As for our family business, you know some of it, not all of it and I have no desire to get you involved in any of it. That's why I would like you to hold your judgment opinions and not involve yourself in anything that doesn't concern you"

The conversation ended on that note.

The next day I had to show up in school as officially Santel's sister oh but what a title it was.

Sandals officially stole my invisibility spell. Now, I wasn't just Zach's friend. It was Lena Santel. The lost little sister of the Santel brothers.

When I finished telling the story to Claire and Zach was shocked.

"This is crazy"

Suddenly three of my brothers appeared next to us, all of them taking strategic spots surrounding us. Blake sat in front of Zach, Julien and Tobias sat on both sides.

"What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, I'm interested what do you have to say to our sister" Blake directed his challenging question right towards Zach.

"Leave us alone, all of you," I said with annoyance.

But no one paid attention to me they all watched Zach who looked like he was one step away from a panic attack.

"Are you serious? Stop it"

"Relax little sister we just wanted to make sure he knows who your family is"

"Oh believe me he knows. Look at his face! Now, get out"

"Get out?" Blake smirked, and pulled me forcefully to his side "Why, are you ashamed of us?"

"Yes. Go away"

"Remember, we're watching you so behave," he said into her ear and left.

Okay, I'm not going back home with them. I skipped the last lesson just to get home on my own. My real home.

🌹🌹🌹

As I showed up unannounced mom looked worried.

"I don't know it's a good idea for you to show up here, Lena"

"What are you planning to kick me out?"

"Of course not baby" she gave me a big hug "are you hungry?"

"No, I just want to go lay down"

Okay.

Knock at the door. It was Julien.

Soooo how do you like the story so far? Or this chapter.