12

"Hey."

Angelica was startled as Yu Ahn came up to her from behind roughly placing her arm around Angelica's neck in a friendly manner.

"Hey." Angelica responded as she sighed in relief that she wasn't being attacked.

"What are you doing today?"

"Nothing much. Just helping out my mom at the convenience store." She lied as she awkwardly smiled.

There was no way she was going to tell this girl that she had to meet up with Sunghoon at a park at five. Which was something she was so excited for. Even though she was just returning his jackets, she can't beat the excitement of meeting him outside of school.

"Aww I kind of wanted to hang out with you today. We haven't really gotten to know each other. Plus you're always with Jake."  Yu Ahn pouted as she lightly shook Angelica.  "Can't you ask your mom if you can meet with me?"

Angelica's eyes were suddenly focused on Sunghoon who was getting on his motorcycle. As he started placing his helmet on, he suddenly stopped midway. His eyes roamed around for a second as he probably felt her stare.

They finally met eyes and he gave her a small smile before putting his helmet on and taking off.

He caught me staring. That is so embarrassing. But he smiled at me!

Angelica almost forgot to respond to Yu Ahn. Noticing she's being too obvious she snapped her fingers to pretend she was thinking the whole time and just got an idea.

"I can ask. But it really depends on my dad because I don't know if he's going to let me or not." She continuously lied.

Of course her dad would let her! He was the most flexible parent. She could say 'Dad I'm going out at 3am to get drunk and high with my thirty year old friend' and he would say 'okay take a jacket so you don't get cold.'

Soon her father pulled up in front of the girls and Angelica rushed to get in the car.

Hurriedly waving goodbye to Yu Ahn, she closed the door and her father drove off.

She sighed in relief as her dad stared at her as if she was crazy.

"Who are you running away from?"

"An unwanted hangout father. A really unwanted hangout."

++++

Soon it was time to meet up with Sunghoon and believe it or not she had spent the whole time trying to figure out what she should wear after taking a shower.

In the end she got tired of looking and just opted on wearing a normal hoodie and sweatpants.

She told her mother that she was meeting up with Jake at the park. It was kind of sad to use Jake's name like that but it was the only thing she could come up with at the time.

Now she was sitting on a park bench near the lake where they had agreed to meet at. He wasn't late, she was just early and she was starting to regret that she was because she thought she would look desperate.

Her worries were cut short once she heard his voice.

"You're here early too."

She jumped and looked behind her to see Sunghoon walking up to her and awkwardly taking a seat.

"Yeah I guess." She said with a small chuckle.

She looked down at the jackets in her hands and passed them over to him.

"I washed them."