23

Sunghoon's eyes drifted from the doorway to Ms. Yuh who stood staring at the doorway as well. She felt Sunghoon's gaze on her and she turned to look at him, seeming to break out of her thoughts.

She turned to grab the broom that one of the maids was holding in her hand starting to sweep up the things on the floor. Tyler's blood dragging with food making a disgusting red line on the floor.

Sunghoon walked up to Ms. Yuh and grabbed the broom from her, sweeping for her. She stared at the back of his head as he cleaned up.

The rest of the staff started slowly getting back to what they were doing before and some started getting the mop ready to clean the mess up.

"You should go to the treatment room first kid. You're bleeding pretty bad." Ms. Yuh said as she grabbed the broom from Sunghoon's hands.

"There's probably someone waiting for you there to clean your wounds."

Sunghoon looked at her as he didn't know what to do. He didn't know if her thoughts of him had changed. He didn't know if he should talk to her or not.

I did seem a little psycho.

Ms. Yuh could tell what he was thinking and gave him a reassuring smile with a nudge to the arm.

"Go on."

*****

Angelica sat in her living room with the TV on and blaring. She wasn't watching it at all. She was still thinking of what had happened that evening.

Why do Sunghoon and Tyler know each other? Why did he mention Sunghoon's father as if it was something to feel downgraded for? What the fuck is his obsession with fireflies?

Angelica shook her head as she wondered how Sunghoon was doing. He seemed really mad. He didn't even say bye to her which didn't bother her as much as she thought it would.

I would've stormed out too if Tyler kept annoying the fuck out of me.

"What are you thinking about?" Her mother said as she plopped down next to her with a grin.

"Nothing much. Just homework." She said as she let out a small sigh. She finally tuned back to the TV which was playing a random YouTube video of three men building a house out of mud.

Why do I always end up on this channel when I zone out?

"If it's homework, did you do it?"

"Yeah, I'm just a little unsure if I did it right. It's not due today so I can just ask the teacher tomorrow." She lied as she continued to watch the TV.

She had become a professional liar by now with all of the excuses she has made over the last week. Her mother always seemed to know when something was on her mind and constantly asked her 'What are you thinking about?'

It was beginning to get more and more irritating. But at the same time she understood why her mother was like this. She was her mother after all.

"Great. I'm glad." The mother said with a nod.

Mrs. Rosa wasn't dumb. She knew her daughter was hiding something. She would usually be more elaborate when she was speaking the truth but whenever she asked about 'How was the festival? What did you do? Where were you today?'. It was always bland answers like 'Good.' or 'Nothing' or 'Just with Yu Ahn.'

It was very obvious she was lying but she didn't want to pry too much.

******

"Kid, dinner's ready." Ms. Yuh opened the door to Sunghoon's room after knocking a few times.

Sunghoon nodded as a response and stood from his bed to make his way down to the dining room.

The whole time he had been in his room, he was contemplating the small changes that had occurred in him after he finally punched Tyler.

He felt so good. He was smiling and laughing at nothing. He was so happy that he finally got to beat Tyler up after years of his torment.

For some reason, he wasn't scared of what was to come. He knew he was going to get his ass beat from his father and he was braising for it. But this time he would still be satisfied and would take the beating like a man.

He wasn't hurt at all. He just had a small cut on the inside of his cheek and a small cut on his lip. Besides that, he only had a small bruise on the side of his head. Nothing serious which made him very proud of himself.

I beat his ass hard but he barely got a few punches on me.

He held in a smile as he walked inside the living room sitting on his chair which he politely declined it being pushed in for him.

His father was on the other side of the table like he always was. This time his face was more stoic and Sunghoon already knew why.

"So how was it being off training today?" Mr. Park said as he took a drink from his wine.

"It was fine." Sunghoon bravely responded as he waited for his father to eat first.

"I heard what you did."

Sunghoon stayed quiet as he gently took a small sip of his water as to not hurt the cut on his lip.

"Why did you do it?" Mr. Park asked as he finally took a bite of his food and nodded.

"He was treating our workers like trash and I was angry." Sunghoon nonchalantly said as he also took a bite after seeing his father's approval.

"You seem to have trouble understanding that Tyler is your senior and you should respect him."

"Heck of a senior." Sunghoon accidentally whispered under his breath, his eyes grew wide but he stayed calm as he took another bite of his food.

The table went quiet and his father had stopped eating and placed his utensils down.

Mr. Park suddenly gestured one of his men and he brought a phone to Sunghoon. Setting it down upright next to his plate.

There was a picture. Of Angelica and Sunghoon at the park. Right on the screen.

Sunghoon stopped in his tracks and looked at the picture.

"Weren't you angry about this instead?"

This is so much worse than a beating.