24

*CONTENT WARNING: Blood and Violence

Sunghoon didn't know how to react. He couldn't think straight.

He was still frozen, looking at the phone that was set next to his plate with the same nonchalant face that he seemed to show most of the time.

His father and all the staff around them who knew what was going on stood waiting for his reaction.

Soon after, anger was the one emotion that was flashed in front of his eyes, but only for a slight second.

'I'll get you! You just wait!'

Tyler, that son of a bitch.

After a few seconds of staring at the picture, Sunghoon just swallowed the food that was in his mouth and grabbed the glass of water taking a sip, only continuing to eat his food.

"So you're not going to say anything?" Mr. Park asked as he stared at his son who seemed to continue on eating as if nothing happened.

Sunghoon was still thinking on what to say, but his father abruptly stood from his seat, knocking his chair behind, and shaking up the table.

Sunghoon flinched at the sudden stand of his father.

"I told you to not fucking lie to me and that's the first thing you do." He angrily said as he glared at Sunghoon from across the table.

Sunghoon looked down at his food as he contained the wince that was about to come out because he bit his lip out of nervous habit.

"You're still not gonna answer?! Didn't I tell you to look at me when I'm speaking to you?!" He yelled this time.

Everyone that was in the room was startled as they stared at the interaction between father and son.

Mr. Park's screaming towards Sunghoon was something that they could only hear from the training room but this time they were experiencing it first hand.

Ms. Yuh had seen it happen a couple of times, but every time she felt bad for Sunghoon. He was just a kid.

She resisted the urge to shake her head in disappointment from the corner of the room.

Sunghoon looked up at his father as he took a deep breath and sat back down on the chair that the staff had cautiously picked up.

Sunghoon was confused.

He had imagined this scenario a couple of times, him getting caught by his father as he was talking to a girl.

He thought Mr. Park would at least throw a plate or a vase at him, but he didn't. He just sat down again and sighed, making Sunghoon even more scared than he was before.

What is he going to do?

"I've told you not to talk to girls." He calmly said as he went to take a sip of his wine.

"Why can't I?" Sunghoon accidentally blurted out making him want to slap himself in the face.

His father stopped from reaching the wine glass and placed his hands together, looking at Sunghoon with a strict face.

"Girls are a distraction."

Sunghoon couldn't bare the idea of Angelica being just a distraction.

She made him feel the most cliche feelings in the book. He has felt more joy in the last few days than ever in his life.

How could feeling joy and happiness for the first time be classified as a distraction?

Sunghoon stayed quiet for a while as he stared back at his father. They were looking at each other, almost defying each other.