39

"Okay." Sunghoon hesitated as he responded.

His father reached into his pockets and dropped his gun and knife on the grass, kicking them away.

"Fair fight aye?" Mr. Park said as he walked closer to Sunghoon.

Sunghoon nodded as he walked closer to his father.

They stood quietly for a few seconds as they only intently watched each other's moves.

Suddenly Mr.Park threw the first punch, almost getting Sunghoon who dodged it just in time.

He suddenly threw another punch, this time hitting Sunghoon on his left side.

Sunghoon winced in pain as he threw a punch out of anger, actually getting Mr. Park on his cheek.

Taking the opportunity that Mr.Park was taken aback, he threw another punch, this time getting him on his other cheek.

Mr. Park laughed loudly as blood was starting to come out of his mouth.

He abruptly threw himself on Sunghoon and grabbed him by the neck before he could react. 

His grip tightened as Sunghoon scratched and pulled at his arms but to no avail.

Sunghoon looked at Mr. Park in the eyes as he continued to smile, while trying to murder his own son.

"Did you really think I was dumb enough to let you take over and kill me? What a fucking joke."

Sunghoon's tears started falling as he stared at the man that was supposed to protect him.

The one who was supposed to love him and take care of him.

The one that was supposed to teach him how to talk to girls.

The person he's supposed to have his first drink with.

The one he's supposed to look up to.

"I hate you." Sunghoon managed croak out as he was starting to lose consciousness.

I don't mean it.

"I hate you so much." He said as his eyes were slowly starting to dim.

Suddenly a loud gunshot was heard.

The sound echoed in his ears and he was suddenly able to breath again.

He heaved noticing Mr. Park slumped on top of him.

He felt his father's blood gush through his own shirt but all he could do was try to catch his breath as he stared up at the sky.

After a few seconds, he pushed his father's body off of him and sat up.

His eyes met a terrified Angelica who shakily held the gun in her hands as she sobbed.

She stared at Mr. Park's body in horror as she continued to visibly shake.

I killed... his father..

Sunghoon slowly stood up from the floor and walked up to Angelica, pulling her into his arms.

She drops the handgun on the grass and tightly wraps her arms around Sunghoon as she sobbed loudly.

"I'm sorry." She repeated as she tightly held onto Sunghoon's shirt.

Sunghoon held his tears in as he kissed her head and held her tighter.

Sunghoon suddenly heard steps and turned his head.

His first instinct was to grab the handgun that was on the floor and point it at the two people.

"Woah there firefly! You guys need to get out of here now." Tyler chuckled as he put his hands up in the air.