25

"Oh my God! Can you please stop throwing shit at me?!" Yu Ahn screamed at Trenton as he continued to throw paper balls at her.

Angelica let out a giggle as she saw Yu Ahn throw a pen at Trenton.

Her giggles died down as she saw a beaten Sunghoon walk inside the classroom.

Her eyes followed him as he moved to his seat. His gaze was on the desk as he sat down with a thump and placed his head down on his arms.

Her eyebrows furrowed at his bruises.

Why is he always beat up every few days?

"That isn't new." Yu Ahn answered Angelica who hadn't noticed she had spoken out loud.

Angelica looked over at Yu Ahn who was staring at Sunghoon with a disappointed look.

"Every week he would come in beat up at one point, whether it's a small cut or two black eyes. I guess he just gets into fights so much. That wouldn't surprise me." Yu Ahn said with a nonchalant tone as she turned back to Trenton who was busy trying to get the pen that had gotten stuck in his curly hair.

Angelica continued to look at Sunghoon as she decided to get back to her seat before the teacher came in.

****

"No, I promise I'll be back before lunch is over." Angelica told Yu Ahn as she stood from her chair with the excuse of going to the library once again.

She walked out of the cafeteria immediately turning her head, noticing Sunghoon at his usual spot but this time he wasn't reading or eating anything.

His eyes were closed as he leaned his head back on the lockers.

Aneglica debated whether she should go up to him or not as he looked like he was tired.

He suddenly opened his eyes and Angelica almost jumped.

Why were you staring at him sleep you freaking weirdo?

She told herself as she started walking towards him, sitting down next to him, letting out a huff as if she was tired for dramatic effect.

"You look like you don't want to be here." She said softly.

He was quiet for a few seconds as he stared ahead with his head still on the lockers.

"I never do." He responded.

"Well, I thought you were gonna say 'I love being here cause' you're here' because that's what I was going to say but I guess not." She joked placing a hand to her chest as if she was offended.

Sunghoon let out a small smile. Angelica noticed his out of normal reaction and stared at him.

He hasn't called me a short joke yet and I've been sitting here for more than a minute...

Sunghoon noticed her stares and looked at her.

"I hate this question but are you okay?" Angelica asked and Sunghoon turned his head away from her and back towards the lockers.

"I guess so." He said softly.

Angelica hummed as a response and turned to look at the lockers in front of them with a small smile.

"You know normally people don't say I guess so when they try to explain their feelings but I'll give you a pass." She said as she nodded her head in understanding.

They sat there quietly staring at the lockers.

Angelica's thoughts running wild wanting to ask him about the bruises that he always had. Wondering if Tyler had a hand in any of them, basing it off the way they acted around each other the day before.