Chapter 2

"Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, that's your name, is it not?" asked a woman with elf ears and emerald eyes as she wrote some things down on a piece of paper.

"Yes, and if you could, can you also write down some of the names of the 'adventurers' you speak of?" I said grabbing the paper and placing it in my pocket.

"Of course, but that's going to take a while, so I'd advice for you to take a seat and wait,"

I nodded and sat down on a chair near the door.

I looked over at the paper she handed to me and written there was every piece of information I needed for me to be able to understand this place called Orario.

From information on the city itself to information of many other things such as this thing, they call the dungeon.

I was curious about it as soon as I heard of the dungeon, so I asked if she could write down some things about it.

Upon reading what she wrote down, I noticed the word 'adventurers' yet again. She also talked about these people a couple of times and was surprised when I said I knew nothing about them.

They're a big deal as they are the people that go to this dungeon and defeat monsters to protect their people.

"Interesting," I said as I read through everything she had written down.

.

.

.

"Level 7 huh?" I said in curiosity after leaving the place.

There was only 2 level 7's, whose names were unknown as stated by that woman.

I sat down on a bench all by myself after walking around for a few minutes and by the looks of it, there seemed to be no one around.

It was already past 9 so it was understandable that there wouldn't be many people around, but I still felt like there was someone nearby.

Ignoring that though, I looked at the statuses of many adventurers, ranging from level 1 to 7.

Level 7 seems to be the highest an adventurer has ever reached, which piques my curiosity since it says here that they are nearly unstoppable once they go all out.

Certainly, someone, I wouldn't want to go against.

The names of these people weren't mentioned, which confuses me as all the other adventurers from levels 1-6 have their names and skills written down.

Maybe it's a matter of privacy or the person that holds this level of power just doesn't want anyone to know.

Either way, it doesn't matter as long as I stay out of their way.

If I can keep a peaceful life in this world, then I won't mind staying for a while.

*Sigh*

There was still the fact that I had nowhere to stay for the night, so I guess I'll be sleeping on the streets if I don't do something quick.

I stood up and headed back to where I began since I remember seeing some places that half looked like a hotel in its manner.

I also needed money, so I'll have to "borrow" some from whoever walks by. But something tells me that won't be too easy, as I've been walking for 5 minutes already and I have yet to see anyone.

I'm not entirely sure how the city works, but this is not giving off a good vibe.

"I should probably stop thinking about stuff like this and look for a place to sleep,"