•Chapter Three•

What makes her so dangerous? Why cant I be around her?

She did something to you, it doesn't matter on the specifics, we just need to know if it is hurting you or not. It matters only when you can understand it, but if Im being frank, she belongs to you now, in a way. He shrugged. It never mattered how old I was. Leo always treated me like his equal. In a way we were.

You're my twin sister, of course you're my equal. No matter how old you are or what you can understand you'll always be my twin, not even God himself can separate our bond. He added

Or Goddess.

Yep, or Goddess. When we arrived in the door, dad was waiting. Leos heart faltered for a second, as did mine. Everyone in the room heard it. Leo hated it when I got in trouble, and vice versa.

What happened today? Dad looked at Leo and he set me on the ground. I bolted upstairs, it wasn't like I could hide or run away, we have a tracker in the house and you can hear every move an object made. I shut my door and zipped to my bed. I would have to remember to rearrange things later. I unzipped my backpack, and grabbed my phone. I had it on silent so no one was able to hear it go off. I looked at my messages, I still hadnt checked what Leo wrote. I should do that. I opened the message.

Be careful, she imprinted on you. Weve never had a vampire of any kind experience it so we don't know what it does to you.

Whats an imprint? My thoughts were interrupted when the phone vibrated in my hand. It's a message from an unknown number.

Look out your window. Near the shack.

What the heck? Who is this? I reply.

Wolf girl" was all the number said. So it was Angela? I walked over to my window and opened it so slow to where I couldnt even hear it. I stepped one foot out, then the other. I walked along the roof of the first story. They were on the other side of the house on the first floor, I could hear Leos heartbeat. It was faster than regular humans. I jumped gracefully down to the ground and walked to the shack. She must be nervous or something because I cant see her. I turned the corner to see her facing away from me.

Boo! I grabbed the bottom of her shirt. It was as far as my little two year old hands would let me reach. She spun around so fast, I didnt have enough time to change back. She looked at me for an eighth of a second and in the next instant she had me in her arms.

Man, I missed you so much. She cooed in my ear. Rocking me from side to side.

Did I scare you?

Oh, very much baby.

Why are you here? She stopped rocking me and I looked at her face.

To see you princess, do you not want me here? Panic started to lace her voice.

No, no! I want you here, I have a question. I change the subject, and she starts to rock me again.

What is it princess?

Whats an imprint? She stopped rocking again, panicked.

Its a wolf thing, you wouldnt understand anyway. She dismissed me. I glared at her, then I reached in my backpack and messaged dad.

Shack, only you, now please.

He read it and was out the door in four eights of a second.

Princess, what did you do? She was starting to get defencive, pulling me around to where she was in between me and my dad.

Delilah, is that you? He asked the shadow we were in.

Yes daddy, Im here. my little two year old voice called back. I peered out from over Angelas shoulder and waved. He exhaled with relief. She was barely shorter than dad. He had her by an inch or two. Leo was hesitating by the door. Anxious, I was the most important thing in his world right now.