•Chapter One•

I'm in a field. Wait.... I know where I am. I'm in Dayon! I'm home! I hear my name being called in the distance.... Delilah.... Delilah.... I follow the sound. I see a girl. She's beautiful. I start running towards her. By the time I'm in arms reach, I stop. I look at her. She towers over me. She picks me up without effort. She spins me around and holds me in her arms.
"Hey, what's your name?" She asks me.
"Delilah, yours?" I reply.
"My name's-" She is cut off by me being ripped out of her arms by a force unknown.

I am back on my plantation. My house is on fire. I cough.
"Papa," I cry, "Papa." Suddenly a board that's on fire falls on me and my thoughts are,
I am going to die.

I awake with a sudden jolt. My mind is in panic mode. Where am I? Whose house am I in? I realized I had a nightmare, and I was home, safe in my bed. I want to cry, but I can't, not if I want to survive. My older sister Ana bursts in my door. She looks angry.
"Why didn't you tell me we have school today! I've had no time to prepare!" She shrieked. Knowing exactly what to say, I reply.
"Ana, you do this every year. Why didn't you see this coming?" I say with actual concern in my voice.
"It doesn't work all the time...." She whines.
"Anyway.... Let's get ready!" I say trying to stop a small fight.

We bounce down the stairs, me wearing a pastel purple cropped sweater, overall shorts that are frayed at the bottom, and baby blue converses. Ana is matching only the sweater is baby blue and the converses are pastel purple. We go to the kitchen and grab our drinks off of the counter. We sit down and start eating.
"Good morning Papa!" I spin around on my stool and my dad picks up a five year old version of myself.
"Aren't you supposed to be fifteen years old, not five?" He questions.
"But I'm fifteen all the time! I never get to be five!" I whine
"You can be five next time we move, but I need to be fifteen now."
I make a face and reply, "Fine...."
"Good, now get to eating."

We all leave for school. Even though I am the oldest I have to sit in the back seat, to make things more believable.
"I can't believe I can't drive. I'm one hundred seventy-one years old for Christ's sake! He is my godfather!" I whined
"You may be one hundred seventy-one years old, but you look fifteen." Greyson replied, turning to look at me.
"I can't wait to be sixteen." I grumble looking out the window.
"Hey Granny! Get out of the nineteenth century!" Emma yells from the passenger seat.
"What!" I defend, I decide to look at myself in the mirror. I look like an old lady. Damn, I was still hot as an old lady. I look like one of those model grandmas.
"Damn, you age well." Mia proclaims on video chat.
"Hey! Keep your eyes on the road!" I yell, feeling embarrassed. Everyone in the car starts laughing, including Mia.

Leo, make sure Mia doesn't get wrapped around a tree. I text.

Will do!😀 He replies before I can hit send. How in the world? Wait, never mind, Leo can see thoughts.

Righto my Southern Belle.

STOP IT! I think.

But its so fun!😦

NOW!!!

Plz....

NO!

Fine.... U R no fun.

I know.... I smiled internally. Maybe Leo can come out in this town. Dayon's a very accepting place.

Not a chance....