7; Ghost Stories

7; Ghost Stories

Felicity held onto the bucket as the ship swayed side to side as a storm engulfed them

Felicity held onto the bucket as the ship swayed side to side as a storm engulfed them. The girl had never grown her sea legs since her journey to Port Royal and as she heaved her dinner Elizabeth did her best to help. She sat up slowly as Elizabeth tied her hair back before offering her a strip of cloth to clean herself. She leaned back and tried to get her bearings, clutching the bucket like a lifeline.

"Are you alright?" Elizabeth asked.

Felicity offered her a weak smile, "I'll be alright."

Elizabeth shook her head, "You don't have to be brave for me Sisi."

Felicity leaned her head against the window and tried not to think about the growing swells that rocked the ship. Instead she closed her eyes and thought of home. A vision of a stuffy library came to mind as she waltzed around the room in her favorite deep blue dress. The one that matched his navy uniform. She had a stack of books beside her as heat danced beside her in the fireplace. She could hear the soft murmurs of James' adventures that day as she read each line.

A soft smile graced her features as nausea subsided for a time. She opened her eyes once more to find Elizabeth pacing while rubbing her neck, where the medallion use to sit. Felicity placed the bucket to the side and tried not to think of his contents.  Instead she focused on Elizabeth as she opened her arms out wide.

"Come here."

Elizabeth did not hesitate to walk over and curl up into the older girl's embrace. For a moment they felt like young girls once more instead of the women they knew they should be. Felicity began to brush her fingers through Elizabeth's hair in an attempt to detangle it. Elizabeth just played with the top of her night gown while letting out a long winded sigh.

"Not what you expected?" Felicity asked.

Elizabeth glanced up at her before settling back to picking at the fabric, "I suppose not."

"This is why I tried so hard to sway you from your fantasy of pirates. The real version is never like the stories."

Elizabeth sat up and glared at her, "I don't need a lecture right now."