1; Man Over Board

1; Man Over Board

Felicity Smith couldn't help feeling mesmerized by the vast ocean that stretched before her endlessly

Felicity Smith couldn't help feeling mesmerized by the vast ocean that stretched before her endlessly. The familiarity of the cool breeze and soft swaying of the ship was enough to bring some comfort to the girl after leaving the distant shores of England. Although she was not the best sailor, far from it actually, she had some how managed to find her sea legs with more grace than her companions.

Felicity had been called upon to accompany the newly appointed Governor of Port Royal and his only daughter, Elizabeth Swann, to their new home. She had been with the family for years and had grown up alongside Elizabeth as her confidant. Many people objected to Felicity and her position in the Governor's household in regards to her surname, Smith. People believed that the surname was bad luck, as it was mostly associated with the working class or lower.

Governor Swann did not listen to the gossip of others and took the orphaned girl under his charge after seeing her incredible ability to learn quickly. He had order Felicity the same education as Elizabeth when it came to navigating high society and becoming a woman full of virtue and standing. He had given her a place to call home when she had once been abandoned with nothing but a soft lullaby to her name.

The memories of the past seemed to plague Felicity's thoughts as chill ran down her spine. Someone was singing a familiar tune that could be heard from across the deck of the Dauntless, as the ship entered an unnatural fog that seemed to appear out of nowhere. The hairs on her neck and arms began to stand on edge as Felicity made her way towards the Governor's young daughter.

Elizabeth's dirty blonde hair had been styled in tight curls piled onto her head and they caught what little shine could be seen through the overcast. Felicity's long deep red mane remained untamed in the soft breeze making it even more unmanageable for the girl as she crossed the deck. Felicity's crimson dress swished about her ankles causing er to slip on the deck twice as she neared the naive girl that had such a horrid fascination with pirates. 

Felicity was almost near Elizabeth when a rough, but familiar, hand grasped her shoulder stopping her in her tracks. She turned to see one of the more friendly sailors on the voyage, Joshamee Gibbs, as he gave her a crooked smile. The two reached a silent understanding that Elizabeth's singing needed to stop. Gibbs had warned them multiple times about the superstition of singing a pirate song on the ship and his warnings had been said far to often for Elizabeth to forget them.