5; The Blacksmith

5; The Blacksmith

Felicity quickened her pace as she tried to get ready in a hurry

Felicity quickened her pace as she tried to get ready in a hurry. Elizabeth had insisted that her confidant warn young Will Turner about the loose pirate running around Port Royal. Although Felicity wasn't surprised that the young woman was worried about the blacksmith's well-being, she was worried about Elizabeth's health as her father confined the young woman to her bed. Felicity donned a practical red dress as Elizabeth watched from behind in boredom.

"I guess today's festivities didn't go according to plan." Felicity commented as she allowed Lucretia to help her into the complicated fabric.

"You mean with James' proposing?" Elizabeth inquired.

"I mean with that pirate taking you hostage, but the Commodore's proposal shouldn't be that much of a shock."

"Well I didn't expect him to ask for my hand in such a public setting."

Felicity moved to her vanity and allowed Lucretia to fix her hair, "Well he had been giving you small hints for months now."

Elizabeth scoffed, "That doesn't give him the right to ask in front of all of Port Royal."

"Does that mean you won't accept?" Felicity asked, turning to face the bedridden girl.

Elizabeth went red, "He's not exactly the man I pictured to be my husband."

Felicity wanted to continue their conversation, but Elizabeth wouldn't elaborate on her reasons for not accepting Commodore Norrington. So instead the woman thanked Lucretia for her help before leaving to visit Will. Part of her felt she shouldn't leave Elizabeth's side, but she also didn't want to make the young women worry about the young women.

Felicity made her way toward Mr. Brown's Blacksmiths with her head held high and her eyes on full alert. As much as she wanted to put her trust in the navy, most were young boys and had not had much if any contact with a real pirate. Even James had been stumped and that told Felicity that this man was not to be trusted. As she rounded the corner she spotted Will looking at a new hammer at one of the stalls.