2; Latest Fashion

2; Latest Fashion

Felicity woke up to the sound of silence and the calm feeling of realizing that her dream was nothing more than memory

Felicity woke up to the sound of silence and the calm feeling of realizing that her dream was nothing more than memory. A figment of the past in the form of nightmare meant to torment her. The red head swept her hand across her brow and sighed quietly in peace.

She looked to her side and picked up the book that currently held her attention, Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes. The book had not become widely popular among society, especially in Port Royal, but Felicity didn't much care for the opinion of others. At least not when it came to her reading material.

The tales of the sane madman and the wise fool entertained the woman as she dove into their world. She read in content for several minutes, before getting up from her large bed to start her day. She opened the drapes and the windows to allow the sun to illuminate the dark room.

The room was simple and practical, compared to Elizabeth's room next door, with a large queen bed, wardrobe, wash table, and vanity. The colors were set in jewel tones of red and blue with a hint of green in certain pieces. Just as Felicity wrapped herself in a cream robe to cover her white night gown a loud knock came from the door.

"Come in!" Felicity called as she pulled the robe closer in an attempt to be more modest.

The door opened to reveal Governor Swann and Felicity's maid, Lucretia. Lucretia was a rather large girl with hazel eyes and dark brown hair pulled into the latest hairstyle in Port Royal. She was out going and bright for someone of her standing, and had become as good a friend as a lady of Felicity's standing could have.

Lucretia sent her lady a small smile as she shut the door after Governor Swann entered. Governor Swann gestured for a large white box to be placed on Felicity's bed with haste. Felicity raised an eyebrow at both Governor Swann and Lucretia, giving them a curious look.

"At least you are awake and decent, my dear." Governor Swann began after bringing her into a small hug. "I fear Elizabeth is not even awake."

"She never was a morning person, sir." Felicity pointed out as a soft laugh escaped her lips.