seokjin: ❝ roses of love for you ❞

When we first met at the florist's shop, you were searching for a green rose that I never knew existed

When we first met at the florist's shop, you were searching for a green rose that I never knew existed. "It would be a good gift for new parents,"

I remember you saying that giving someone a rose was never just a gift - each one had a secret meaning that could be used to convey to your someone special, how you really felt.

Not only was the manner of delivery and arrangement meaningful, but the colour of your rose meant the difference between saying- and I was mesmerised.

I was enchanted by your beauty and the purity of your words. They sounded so magical rolling off your tongue.

You smiled at me and gave me a lavender coloured rose. I never knew what it meant until spring arrived. Love at first sight, that is what you wanted to convey and I went back to the shop on a chilly morning.

And there you were, standing with burgundy roses. How did you know I was going to be there?

My eyes did not leave the beautiful red shades in them, like every week I was equally enchanted with them. Someone had been sending me roses, always thirteen in number. They were a mystery to me. So you were my secret admirer.

You smiled sweetly at me. "I did not expect to see you here," you said.

You looked lovely, and beautiful as if I were inside a scene in some television drama.

"Here these are for you," you said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I want you to know that you are the most beautiful," I blushed.

I remember how I spotted you at the cafeteria. I did not know you attended the same university as mine but we somehow figured out that we were closer than we had thought.

I remember the one time I helped you find your missing notebook, you had placed beautiful peach roses on my desk, the next day. Thank you - a small note was on it.

I remember you buying me light pink roses on the day you said you wanted to have a meal with me. We stood there on the bus stand late at night to return home, with our arms brushing each other's and singing along to some random tunes.

"Your voice is so sweet," I had told you.

"Just like you," you said.

I remember how you spotted me on a blind date at the nearby café and it was raining. You dragged me out after the other guy ran away, leaving me behind without an umbrella.

You took me home because I was drenched. I spotted a bouquet of blue roses placed on your desk. I was mesmerised by the colour.

"Wanting to give you, someone unattainable, for a long time," the note said.

Oh, I thought, so you already liked someone.

After I changed, you walked me to the cab. We walked hand in hand because it was very cold after the rain. I looked down when I felt your hand getting replaced by something soft, but not as soft as your hands.

Yellow roses, that was the start of our friendship.

When I looked back from the cab, I expected you to stand there looking at me but you turned around and threw the bouquet of blue in the trash can. I was internally happy.

Soon it was Valentine's.

And that day you stood there with yellow roses but with a hint of red on their tips. I knew what they meant. I always knew what you did.

"Will you be the one I keep thinking about?" you said.

I looked at you in confusion.

"Girlfriend, I keep thinking about my girlfriend,"

It was the best decision ever. The little flowers I received almost every day when people found it very old-fashioned, oh I loved how we were.

Our dates were usually filled with orange roses to show your enthusiasm. "I am so fascinated by how your hair curls on your temples," you always said.

Then one day you stood with coral. I thought you did not find orange so you settled for coral instead. Then the whole time you seemed rather nervous and restless until when you hovered over me in the middle of the movie. "May I?"

We made love.

Something as soft as the orange in coral, delicate as the petals of the rose and beautiful as the flower itself.

"I am sorry, I should have bought you red roses instead," you said while kissing my temple.

"It's alright, I know you love me now, "I said.

"I know you love me too,"

I remember receiving red roses every day till our wedding. You wanted me to know that you love me. I always knew that, but you still reminded me.

And now that we are ready to spend our lifetime together, we lay by each other on the bed of colourful roses. I know you wanted to say that you will love me eternally, forever, and ever after. Just like a fairy tale ending.

But you just said an I love you, but I always know more than that.

The roses were your language of love.

a/n: I am not a sap, trust me.