chapter 13

*Natasha's pov*

Today we were going to be trying something new with Nadia,leaving the house and having a nice family day.

We both knew that we couldn't keep her cooped up forever now that she adjusted to the home aspect of it we would slowly start introducing her to the rest of the community;yesterday with pepper was a start.

Her adjustment was happening better than we thought although we still saw her slightly flinching when any of us touched her or her hesitation when calling us mommy and mama.

Currently Nadia was on her stomach on a mat that was on the floor for 'tummy' time she just looked so cute in her outfit with max in her hands sucking on a pacifier.

Wanda was elsewhere getting Nadia's bag ready for leaving so I was designated to watch Nadia which of course I didn't mind I loved spending time with her,I couldn't wait until she was in her full headspace and enjoying it all.

I checked my phone and it was about time to leave so I picked up Nadia from the floor.

Looking into the kitchen through the doorway I could see Wanda picking up the bag and walking over to us, "are you excited baby?" Wanda cooed at Nadia who I began bouncing on my hip;she didn't answer the question instead she hid her face into my neck not wanting to be seen.

Placing Nadia on the floor briefly Wanda helped her put on some shoes before she was picked up again.

We opened the door and walked out into the driveway,it was almost February but the weather wasn't that bad it was a simple breeze.

I made sure to strap Nadia into her carseat as soon as possible not wanting her to get sick.

After double checking the harness I went to the drivers side getting in the car where Wanda was already buckled in at the passengers side,I buckled up then we began our short journey to our destination.Hopefully Nadia behaves this is supposed to be a treat for her good behavior at home we would hate to have to cancel because she was being fussy.

____________________________

*third person pov*

The girl was unsure of what to expect as she sat in the carseat from past experience aka the doctors it wasn't a good thing hopefully she wasn't going back there,the thought scared her she got a spanking last time and had a mental breakdown so the thought of repeating that wasn't in the slightest pleasant.

She made sure to observe out of the window trying to indicate where she was no luck though.

Looking out the window made everything so much harder to tolerate,the thought of not being able to be free out there left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Before this if she wanted to leave the house she could,if she wanted to meetup with friends she could,she could even eat whenever or whatever she wanted now she was at the mercy of two kidnappers who dictated her choices.

One thing that helped her conceal her anger was the pacifer although she was embarrased at the fact it did because its for actual babies;still whenever she felt herself getting annoyed or angry she could just suck on it to calm herself down and prevent any stupid choices that could ruin the whole 'gain their trust' plan.

Nadia had been too zoned out in her whole world thinking about her old life that she hadn't noticed they'd parked,the thing that made her realise was when Wanda unstrapped her from the constricting harness and picked her up out of the car.

This time it was different than the others she was placed on her feet standing up.

"if you can promise to be a good girl you can walk like a big girl this time okay?" Natasha said as she grabbed Nadia's bag "i promise mommy i can walk like a big girl" Nadia said quickly.

Both women grabbed one of Nadia's hand,yes she was allowed to walk but you couldn't escape the humilation overall in public still having to hold the womens hands;still it was better than having to be carried.

All three of them walked until they reached a restauraunt it looked nice enough.It wasn't anything very fancy more of a family style restauraunt however still looked to be good quality and fairly expensive.

Nadia stood next to Wanda holding her hand as Natasha talked to the hostess about their reservation and where their table was.

When all that was sorted they were taken to their table with a..highchair.

The girl thought she would at least be able to sit on a real chair but no of course she had to sit in a damn highchair "mama can't i just sit on a chair" she asked tugging on Wanda's sleeve "you know the rules Nadia this is for your safety" she replied shutting the younger girl up,she knew once their mind was made it couldn't be changed.

Luckily the place seemed to be for 'families' like them with other adults wearing similar attire to Nadia and having to face the same humilation except for the lucky few it seemed.

When all seated the women were given menus to decide what they wanted to eat whereas the brunette was only given a colour in placemat with crayons;did they think she wasn't even capable of reading a simple menu?

It's not as if Nadia cared enough to speak up about it though she knew they were all people who belonged in a mental asylum.

She got on with the colouring being bored of just sitting there as the women ordered the food and beverages,the crayons were frustrating her because she couldn't keep it in the lines so she gave up with the colouring and tried listening into whatever the women were talking to although that was boring as well.

After forever for Nadia or actually 20 minutes the food came.

For Nadia she recieved simple childrens food chicken nuggets and fries with a juice box,she would've much preferred what the women had gotten it looked much nicer their meals were some types of alfredo chicken salad with dressing.

However she didn't complain after the promise of ice cream afterwards it was only a small treat but she hadn't been given many sweet things while she was there.

The girl got to feed herself as well which was another reason why she didn't complain she was afraid they'd feed her the food instead if she protested to not wanting to eat it,so when both women started eating their meals she did too they had knives and forks though Nadia had to eat the food with her hands which she hated,

Overall the meal went well they all enjoyed their food and Nadia enjoyed the ice cream even when she had accidentally gotten it all over the sides of her mouth she couldn't help being a messy eater! she defended herself in her head as both women shook their hands laughing.

Her face was cleaned up afterwards and the trio went back to the front to pay for the meal,Wanda needed the bathroom though so she left the two and went while Natasha was paying.

Nadia realised Natasha was distracted and the door was right there she could leave!

Without time to think literally a single part of the plan wasn't thought about whatsoever as she took the opportunity to slip away to the outside.

The wind felt so freeing on her face as she could walk without being held or having to hold somebodies hand;she walked a couple minutes before finding a small area of woods behind the place it seemed like the best bet.

As she walked further and further the feeling of freedom was slowly turning into a...worrying feeling?

She had no idea where she was therefore wouldn't know how to get home and she didn't know if there was any dangers out here she was basically asking for something bad to happen,Nadia tried convincing herself it was safe it hadn't worked enough though her anxiety was bleeding through and panic getting worse.

Tears came down her face as she breathed heavily.

Her lungs felt like they were collapsing as she starting trying to walk back to the place it was hard with blurry vision and inability to breathe though.Something had switched inside her temporarily.

In that moment all she wanted was her mommy and mama.

_____________________________

Authors note

Song suggestion: we were girls together by Delaney Bailey

About girlhood and that one girl who rlly just gets your soul! It reminds me of my best friend, and it's just a sweet song to listen to. Soft and in the feels<3