chapter 24

*third person pov*

A few days went by of basically the same routine for Nadia going on walks to the park,going to work Nat and Wanda and staying at the house,although it had only been a couple of days it all felt the same and very much so boring.

She was getting frustrated at the smallest things now like her crayons going out of the line whilst colouring.

It was like she had the temper of a child...

Today Natasha and Wanda were gracing her the privilege of getting to go to a new place: 'how lucky I am' Nadia sarcastically thought to herself;a small part of her was excited though a new place meant new opportunities to escape or at least some change.

So currently Wanda was putting Nadia's shoes on her at the front door getting her ready.

"and there,all done" she said getting the final shoe on picking up the girl again;Nadia hoped she would at least be able to walk by herself in public.

Natasha finished putting the stroller and bag in the car and walked back into the house "time to go now missy" she said ruffling the girls hair,they made their way out to the car and Nadia was strapped in.

The car was promptly started after Nat put the address into the GPS.

Being in the car was boring for the girl,looking out the window was only fun for a certain amount of time which had already passed by a long shot.

Slowly she was getting more used to acting less indapendant and was comfortable enough to tell the women her needs knowing they would try their best to help "mama im bored" she said quietly.

"a few more minutes honey" she simply said making Nadia lean back in boredom waiting.

They pulled into a gas station with Natasha getting out to get more gas for the car whereas Wanda opened the backdoor tending to Nadia,she got a blanket from the next seat over putting it on Nadia "why dont you try sleeping now Nads?" Wanda said to the girl.

Not feeling tired Nadia tried voicing her thoughts "but im not sleepy" she said and the only response she got was a pacifer being placed in her mouth and shushing noises.

Knowing there wasn't much else to do she hesitantly closing her eyes.

The last thing she remembered before drifting off to sleep was the sound of the car starting up again and driving out of the gas station.

_________________________________

When Nadia woke up she felt herself being pushed she opened her eyes groggily hoping the car journey was finally over.

Immediately she was met with daylight.

"nice to see you're awake baby" Natasha said pausing and squatting down beside the stroller to kiss her on the forehead before continuing to walk wherever they were going.

Nadia grumbled a bit still tired adjusting to the light that burned into her eyes,when more awake she realised they were walking in some type of park "you get to play with kids your own age" Wanda said trying to excite the girl.

This could mean either normal young adults or young adults dressed as children and she knew it was the latter.

They made it to the playground finding a picnic table nearby to sit on.

"Nadia as you've been such a good girl you can play on the park by yourself of course with our supervision but you have to be careful okay?" Wanda said as if she was explaining it to a toddler,Nadia said a quick yes and walked holding Nat's hand to the playground.

Natasha told her they were watching as she walked away leaving the girl.

Looking around at the playground it was full of young adults dressed in childish outfits running around laughing enjoying themselves.

There was no way Nadia was doing that she thought to herself so she simply went up into the higher part of the play area and found a tunnel to hide in from everybody else,looking through the clear part of the tunnel she saw all the makeshift children having fun.

She sighed wishing she could enjoy everything as much too.

"hi" a masculine voice said making her jump and turn around seeing it was a boy with scruffy blonde hair who had a smile on his face.

Nadia quickly tried to crawl out of the tunnel not wanting to play with him assuming that was what he wanted "wait! you're not like the others" the blonde said stopping her.

Being confused Nadia turned back around raising her eyebrow at the boy "you aren't brainwashed like the others you seem normal?my name is Jaxx by the way" he said reaching his hand out waiting for her to shake it.

Taking a moment to think she slowly reached out her own and shook his hand; "hi..uhm im Nadia and what do you mean by normal?" she mumbled trying to make sense of it "you dont think you're a baby right?" he questioned sarcastically "oh god no" Nadia replied, "exactly so you're one of the normal ones" he said.

"welcome to the club,you'll come to find out theres not many of us" Jaxx said offering a smirk.

The girl was relieved knowing she wasn't alone in this but also still slightly confused not knowing what to say "brainwashed?" she asked "have you seen them? they think they're actual babies and let me tell you that most probably didn't choose this willingly" he responded.

"you were forced as well?" the girl asked yet another question could you really blame her though? "what do you think?" he replied giving her a knowing look.

She looked back through the clear part looking at them differently now a part of her felt for them knowing they'd most likely been forced and degraded as well,without giving her much more time to think he grabbed her hand dragging her out of the tunnel to the slide "go down?" Jaxx told her "what?" Nadia said before he gently pushed her down following behind her.

Getting off the slide she looked back at him for an explanation "they'd get suspicious if we stayed up there for long,we are 'babies' after all"he explained putting an emphasis on babies.

Then he ran off going to play with the others leaving the girl not giving her chance to stop him and leaving her even more confused than when they first talked; "did you make a friend baby?" Wanda said walking up to her picking her up.

Nadia nodded her head slightly looking at where Jaxx was,he was playing in the sandbox with other 'children' "it's time for lunch though you can play afterwards with him hmm?" the woman said walking back to the picnic table with the girl.

_____________________________

The only thing she could think about whilst getting fed was Jaxx.

If he was actually being serious then all those people were full functioning adults before all this and now they were....well the opposite.

'Was that going to happen to her too?' she scaredly thought as she finished up the rest of her lunch wanting to go back and question Jaxx as soon as possible.

This time Wanda walked her to the playground instead of Natasha but gave her the same warning she had the first time so bascially just to be safe and the rest of the nonsense the girl couldn't care less about,all she wanted was to see him.

When there she began looking around even going back to the tunnel where they had first met not long ago.

No sign of Jaxx.

Assuming he went back home she slumped in the tunnel not being able to talk to the one person who didn't treat her like a baby and understood what she was going through.

He could've helped her escape or at least have helped her to understand everything.

Now she was left confused.

After double checking that she had scoped the entire park from her vantage point she knew he had left.

__________________________________

Authors note

Song suggestion: god must hate me by catie turner

This song is one of my ultimate sad time songs, feeling like you're a mistake and that everyone else around you is so perfect in comparison. Feeling hated by the unknown skies and blaming your woes on God