chapter 26

*third person pov*

Nadia didn't feel like doing anything the next day she was too busy trying to workout why her new friend Jaxx had said that.

'so why are you here then?' the words played over and over in her heard.

Everything that came from Jaxx's mouth seemed to be sort of strange and weird to the girl but she assumed it was just Jaxx's personality in general,this though was different and the way he quickly changed the subject confused the girl.

Of course both the women knew her behaviour was strange today all she wanted to do was sit on one of their laps whilst staying silent;they put it down to her being tired though.

Currently it was only Natasha and Nadia occupying the home.

Wanda was elsewhere probably training the girl assumed not having listened to whatever the woman was saying except the last couple of words which were only her wishing Nadia goodbye, saying she would be back soon and to 'be good for mommy' .

After being sat on the couch watching TV for a while now Natasha decided it was time to do something else with the girl.

She turned off the tv that the girl was absently minded staring at,being too zoned out in her own thoughts she didn't notice however and kept staring in that direction cuddling into Nat; "baby?" Natasha said slightly shaking the girl to get her attention.

Hearing her name being called Nadia turned towards her lifting her head seeing what Natasha wanted.

"do you wanna colour hm?" she asked the girl who shook her head at the question "what about play with your dolls Nads?" Natasha asked again as the girl repeated her previous actions shaking her head.

Everything she suggested Nadia didn't seem to like.

She thought for a couple minutes and finally thought of the perfect activity for them "do you wanna bake with mommy Nadia? it'll be so fun!" Nat questioned making the girl think about it in her head,the enthusiasm was off-putting although baking did sound fun.

Thinking baking might give her a sense of normality even if its in just the slightest the girl nodded her head.

Natasha smiled at her and stood up placing her on her hip walking towards the kitchen.

When in the kitchen Nadia was placed upon the counter "can mommy's little helper stay here whilst i get all the ingredients?" she said to the girl it was more of a statement made to seem like a question the girl still nodded regardless.

She was not missing out on this opportunity.

Staying true to her word she sat there watching Natasha gather all the minimal ingredients,the girl guessed they were making cupcakes.

Now all the ingredients were placed on the counter with a bowl and whisk beside them Natasha put the butter and sugar in whisking it herself knowing that part wasn't fun;the girl would most likely complain about her arm getting tired.

The butter and sugar were now fully whisked together now it was time for the fun part.

"do you want to crack the eggs?" she asked the brunette who nodded picking one up carefully not wanting to drop it,she carefully moved it towards the bowl cracking it over the side.

Both eggs were dropped in without any shells getting their way into the bowl.

Next she was given the flour to pour into the ball,not wanting to wait for Natasha to get the measuring cup she decided to estimate the amount pouring it in just when Natasha turned around with the measuring cup in hand she was lightly hit in the face with a bit of flour that had been a tad bit overpoured.

Unsure of how to react Nadia sat there slightly shocked hoping she wouldn't get into trouble for it.

As soon as she saw the smile on the womans face she knew it was okay to laugh and burst into laughter seeing her somewhat covered in flour.

Natasha saw the girl laughing at her misfortune and decided to get a slight revenge getting a bit of flour on her fingers and wiped it across the girls cheek "you think this is funny baby?" she said in a joking tone.

This made the girl repeat the woman's actions laughing getting more flour to put across her face.

______________________________

Their flour war was short lasted Natasha stopped it before it was all over the kitchen,Wanda would've killed her if she got the kitchen so messy.

The rest of the cake making normally with Nadia mostly watching.

When it was time to put the batter into the cupcake cases everytime Nat had turned away the girl got bits of the batter on her finger licking it off,she thought she was being sneaky but the woman saw it she choose to let the girl have her fun though.

It was nostalgic for Nadia doing all of this;she used to do practically the same with her mother when she was a child.

As Nadia got older her mother began getting busier with work and she outgrew wanting to hangout with her parents opting to party or hangout with friends instead so they got less and less of bonding moments.

The nostalgia was bittersweet for her.

Except for that small detail Nadia actually enjoyed baking;it was a moment where she didn't completely feel like a child like the rest of the activies she had to partake in here.

Whilst the cupcakes were in the oven Natasha cleaned around the kitchen,clearing up all the ingredients as the girl sat there watching the oven.

One of her favourite parts of baking had always been the decorating part.

She did the same when they were taken out of the oven as they were left out of Nadia's reach on the counter,the girl looked longingly getting slightly bored wanting to put the icing on them "just a couple more minutes" Natasha said tapping the girl on the nose.

Like she had said the cupcakes were finally able to be decorated so Nadia got all the icing colours and sprinkles organised ready to start decorating.

_______________________________

When the girl was delicately decorating her cupcakes Wanda returned home walking into the kitchen seeing the delightful sight of Nadia on the counter criss-cross decorating cupcakes with Natasha leaning against the opposite wall supervising.

She went in to kiss the girls forehead and saw the flour on her face.

"care to tell me why theres flour all over our babies face Honey?" Wanda said directed at Nat who stood there with a guilty smile on her face,"you know ingredients are supposed to go in the bowl right?" she said teasingly.

Decorating the cupcakes had taken the girl a while as she wanted to make them all unique but now they were sat on the kitchen counter sat nicely on a plate.

Nadia observed her work for a few seconds deeming it well enough to be devoured now.

The girl looked up at Natasha "please can i have one of the cupcakes?" she asked putting on her sweetest tone,"dinners soon and im pretty sure half the frosting is already in your stomach missy" she said.

"please mama" Nadia said now looking at Wanda playing the mama card hoping she would let her if she looked cute enough.

Wanda gave Natasha a look making her agree on the one condition that the girl ate more vegetables at dinner which she agreed to straight after,more spinach for a cupcake sounded like an okay deal for the girl.

______________________________

Authors note

A song suggestion from my friend!
Lucy, Song suggestion: Cowboy Like Me by Taylor Swift

A hustler who fell in love with another hustler despite the knowledge of their inevitable end, knowing they could never fully trust their love was real because of the deceptions they were so familiar with; using them during their own hustles but falling for them regardless of the heartbreak looming over them.