Preface

FOREVER CRIMSON

© All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or used fictitiously, and any resemblance to any actual persons, living or dead, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.

Blurb

"The vultures are disguised as humans."

Scarlet Turner has her last semester of high school planned out: graduate as best as she can and take care of her sick mother. But when she's told she won't graduate because of the pile of tardies she's collected over the years, she's forced to volunteer for the town's mediocre theatre rendition of Romeo and Juliet for Hales Bay's Mayor Warren. To top it all off, it's a joint production with the pompous rich kids from Lexton Prep.

Not only does Scarlet have to divide her time between school, the play, and her mother, but she has to navigate the feud between Winter Bay High and Lexton Prep. Tensions are high, everyone is tiptoeing on glass, but when Jake Miller stops her outside the auditorium with his bright smile, Scarlet is taken aback by the genuine amiability from a Preppy that she starts to intermingle with the enemy.

But when Elliot Casselbury warns her about the dangers of dipping into the Preppy side, Scarlet is thrown into a storm. She wonders if Jake will rear back with a taunting laugh and fan the flames of the feud. After all, how can a Preppy ever like a Rodent?

Envious, murderous, and covered in crimson blood.

Scarlet

Jake

THE FOREVER DIARIES

THE FOREVER DIARIES

Forever Crimson (Book 1)
Forever Luminescent (Book 2)
Forever Enigmatic (Book 3)
Forever Glamorous (Book 4)

OTHER WORKS

The Traitor of Inlustris
Jengibre
Face
Icy Hands
Crescendo

Welcome to the new and improved Forever Crimson. Ooh boy has this been a long time coming. For those of you that are new around here, this story started when I was a fourteen-year-old with a completely different title. As a twenty-one year old, you can imagine just how much I have grown in my writing. (Not that it's perfect by any means, but it's a lot better than whatever I had on that first version *shudders*). That is why I decided to rewrite the entire thing, which is what you will be reading shortly.

If you read the first version, you deserve a medal. Seriously, how were you able to stomach all that? Actually, don't answer that. If you remember the first version, I'm here to tell you that this story is nothing like it. There are little details that were pulled from that original version, but they are minor. If you find them, please point them out. I want to see who can actually find them. I theorize that not a lot of people will be able to.

If you are here because of Forever Enigmatic and want to see what this is about, thank you so much for checking this story out (and Forever Enigmatic too)! This story is set a few years before Forever Enigmatic when the girls are in high school, so you'll get to see Sierra Jenkins in action in her senior year way before her story unfolds.

If you are here because of Forever Glamorous, you will have a similar experience as those that came from Forever Enigmatic. You will get to see teenage Aura Chandler prancing around high school being her glamorous self.

I'm very grateful that you are here. Thank you for giving my story a chance in a sea of millions. I hope that you enjoy this story as much as I did writing it. It definitely has some experimenting moments, which I had lots of fun writing. It's been a while since I wrote in Scarlet's voice, and I think that was my favorite part about diving into this rewrite.

I will warn you that this story does deal with strong themes, such as illness, death, blood, and drugs. It's not explicit nor that descriptive in most cases, but just a warning. I will also place a warning at the beginning of a chapter if need be. (And if you find something that I let slip through, let me know!)

Anyway, I have nothing else to say, so I now dramatically present you into the world of Forever Crimson where Scarlet Turner has lots to deal with. Keep an eye out because things might take a murderous turn.

Cue the curtains!

Enjoy~

Love,

G