𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 ~ 𝐬𝐧𝐟🥀

~Washing Machine Heart - Mitski
~sapnotfound/georgenap
~angst
~high school/football player au
~enjoy :/

George sat at the bench, watching his best friends play their match. The match George was supposed to play. Instead, he is sitting in the front row bench, arm in a cast and sling, stitches underneath, and a gash that is currently stitched up across his eyebrow to his cheek. Not only that, but he is now being benched for the rest of the season, until further notice.

How he got to this point?

George ran across the field, ball beneath his feet, crowd cheering and screaming for him. He quickly passes the ball to his team member, Luke, 'Punz'. But, he stumbled over something, or someone's leg, landing on his arm at an awkward angle, scraping it across the turf. He screeches at the piercing pain shooting down his blood stream.

He slowly looks up, seeing someone from the rival team, a smirk set on his face, and an arm stretched out for George to grab onto. George being the idiot he is, lifts his arm and reaches out for the man's hand. Instead, the man pulls his arm away, making George hit his head on the ground with a groan.

Then a football boot, more specifically, the studs of the boot happens to land on his face, more specifically, his left eye. Which luckily missed, and got his eyebrow and cheek, but he blacked out.

The only reason they have a rivalry is because of Clay and Nick, 'Dream' and 'Sapnap'. Dream had a bad past with the teams member 'Technoblade', they had always hated each other, since a young age. And since Sapnap is Clay's best friend, he ended up with the same rivalry as him.

And the reason why Technoblade hurt George, was because he was the smallest member of the feral boys, in their eyes, the 'weakest'. He wasn't as fit looking as the others, he was short and scrawny. But he was one fast guy. He could outrun anyone. Apart from the captain of the rival team, Techno. And of course, he had to severely damage George to win the game. Which they were disqualified and this made the feral boys win because of the damage caused on purpose.

But Karl was there to George's rescue, along with Dream. But it angered Dream way too much, and he will never ever let this one go. He was more angry at the fact that one of his best friends were hurt, but also angered by the fact it had to be his enemy who hurt him.

George sighed, this was his first game out in a while and he was already itching to get back on the field with his friends. But he just sat there, and waited for half time for one of his friends to come sit with him.

As soon as half time had come around, Quackity and Karl were on either side of George, bombarding him with what had happened and been said on the field.

"Guess what, Gogy?" Karl speaks.

"What?" He notices a huge grin take over Karl's face.

"I got a girlfriend, I want you all to meet her soon, she's so sweet." Quackity giggles, watching his best friend swoon over a girl he met recently.

"Shut it, Alex. You know what it feels like to be like this. You have a girlfriend of your own." George soon zoned out.

He couldn't focus with two of them speaking at once, and the intense eyes that had landed his way.