:05

"I'M SORRY ABOUT the way I acted yesterday." Natalie apologizes when I walk into the classroom the next day. She has a guilty looking expression on her incredibly sharp angular face, and tucks some strands of her short strawberry blond hair behind her ear; her eyes downcast.

I smile meekly. "I'm sorry too. You deserved an explanation yesterday. I don't like eating in the cafeteria... It's just too much people." I explain. Too many people with all their eyes trained on me.

She nods understandingly for a while before her face brightens up, her usually icy blue eyes alight with excitement. "Here let me make it up to you, come by my house after school today so we can chill. It'll be so much fun!"

I falter biting my lip in thought. "Um... I don't know."

She pouts her lips in protest giving me the puppy dog look. "Aww come on."

"Can I come?" Jaerra asks enthusiastically looking at Natalie expectantly. Today her haphazard braids have bows of every color tied on the ends of them. She looks even more comical than usual, like a funny cartoon character.

"No." Natalie responds firmly. Jaerra sulks, her big white teeth pressed lightly against her bottom lip. I gaze at her sympathetically.

"Please it'll be so much fun! You can even ride home with me after school. So it's more covinant for you."

I really don't want to to go. I'm not a very social person anymore. But she'll be so disappointed, and maybe feel a little rejected, again. I don't want her to be upset with me after we just made amends.

And it'll be just Natalie and I anyways. It shouldn't be that much of a big deal.

"Okay." I reluctantly agree after a while. "I'll just have to call my mom and ask." But of course I know her answer. She's been bugging me to go out and be social again like I used to lately.

Natalie grabs my hand excitedly and squeezes it. "Yay! We're going to have so much fun!"

"Yay." I repeat smiling slightly, but her excitement doesn't wear off on me. I'm still wary about this.

"Okay just meet me in the schools parking lot after school I got a ride. Capee?"

"Capee." I don't even bother to correct her on her mispronunciation of the word. She'd probably get all mad and pissy.

"So it's settled then." She grabs a pen and paper from her floral print bag. It has a good medium sized hole at the bottom of it, where papers and other miscellaneous items are beginning to bulge out. She scrawls something down on the paper and hands it to me.

Her handwriting is so ineligible I can't make out not even one single thing. I stare at it blankly. "What is this?"

She rolls her eyes and makes an annoyed noise with her tongue and teeth. "It's my phone number silly. Call me if you don't see me in the parking lot, or chicken out." She adds as an afterthought.

I don't get a chance to say anything else because Mrs. Johnson walks in summoning the beginning of class.

* * *

When lunch rolls around I settle near my now regular post at the tree, with my soggy tuna sandwich and green apple in tow.

Involuntarily I find myself looking for Finn. I get disappointed when after thirty minutes he still doesn't show, although I could've sworn I saw a glimpse of him in the hallway going towards my second period class. Come to think of it it probably was him. There's not too many 5'8-5'10 guys with olive toned skinned roaming this school.