:07

"AND THEN MY DAD out of nowhere shows up and somehow convinces my mother to continue those stupid therapy sessions I hated." I rant to Ms. Johnson during our free time. She's become a confidante of sorts to me since I have really no other friends but Finn, who's about as closed off as a wall seventy five percent of the time, and to an extent Natalie, the bipolar princess who recently made amends to me about abandoning me at that apartment with Mr.creep. Though I still don't know how to receive her yet.

"Maybe the sessions will be good for you Noah." She pauses hesitantly. "I think it's about time you tell someone about what happened to you, and how its affected you. It's not healthy to keep all those emotions bottled up inside."

"You know you're just supposed to agree with me to make me feel better?" I respond glumly.

She laughs. "Oh Noah. What kind of friend would I be if I told you what you wanted to hear all the time?"

A good one I think but don't lament this out loud.

She sighs at my silence and seems to get thoughtful. "I have an idea...or more like a proposition." She waits for me to respond before she continues to make sure I'm paying attention.

"I'm listening."

"What if I convinced your parents not to send you to those therapy sessions if..."

She trails off dramatically.

"If what?"

"If I told them that you have someone else to relate about what happened to you."

"Do you mean tell you?" I falter at this slightly. I haven't told anyone about what really happened. Not even really my mother.

"Well not me, but a friend more your age."

I scrunch up my nose in distaste. "You mean Natalie?" She's definitely not someone I would be able to trust with my deepest secret, she hasn't proved that yet.

"Not necessarily her, but any friend you want. Over the course of how many days you want. We can even keep a sheet with yours and whoever you chooses' signature, and the date you guys talked as proof to your parents of the proceedings. How does that sound?"

"I'm not sure." I bite my lip. Who could I even trust like that? Natalie out of the question. Jaerra the girl that seems infatuated with me for some strange reason? I don't think she'd actually understand anything I tell her. That redhead girl from my bus stop? I was so mean to her so I doubt she would give me another chance and let me spill my guts to her. So that only leaves Finn. Could I actually trust Finn? Can I actually do this? Would he even agree?

Ms. Johnson awaits my answer by looking at me meaningfully. "It's up to you Noah. Don't think I'm trying to force you into anything."

I nod my head trying to reassure myself. If I have to talk to someone about this I'd rather it be with someone I'm at least a little bit familiar with instead of a cold calculating therapist.

"Okay. I'll do it. And I already have someone in mind."

She smiles at me broadly. "I'll talk to your parents tonight. Now let's move on to reading shall we?" She pulls out two magic tree house books and hands them to me.

I resist groaning.

***
I'm nervous and antsy when lunch rolls around and I find my spot under our tree. I just hope he shows.