"Is it true?"

Mona woke up solely because the sun was shining directly in her face. That, or the pounding headache she had from drinking last night. Blearily, Mona slid off the bed, the clothes she had been wearing last night sticking uncomfortably to her skin. 

Shit. Had she done something stupid? Memories of last night were all a hazy fuzz in her brain.

Groaning, she took a sip of water and opened her phone. Albedo and Sucrose had told her she was prone to drunk dialing the first number in her recents whenever she was drunk, seeing as they had been on the receiving end of those calls multiple times.

Except Mona hadn't called Sucrose or Albedo in a while, not even Jean or Lisa, a few of her other, older friends. Which meant the first number in her recents would be...

"Oh god." Mona said as Scaramouche's number popped up on her screen. "I'm so fucking stupid."

Shit. Had she told him anything dumb last night? Inwardly freaking out, Mona called Scaramouche and paced back and forth, waiting for him to pick up.

"Feeling better?" Scaramouche's raspy voice said. "Need an aspirin for that raging hangover I'm sure you have?"

"Shut the fuck up." Mona hissed. "Look, I'm sorry if I said anything dumb or stupid when I called you last night. Just ignore it, and we can move on."

"Oh, you didn't say anything stupid." Scaramouche said. Mona could practically hear the smirk in his voice, making her stomach dip as she imagined his face. It would probably be with his half-smile, and messy morning hair, and those sparkling violet eyes of his. Mona briefly let herself imagine waking up with Scaramouche, his arm draped over her stomach, breath in her ear. "In fact, you admitted some rather interesting things last night."

"I don't need to hear a recap." Mona said, shushing him. "Just- just ignore it."

"Really?" Scaramouche asked, something in his voice telling Mona that he didn't believe her at all. "So you don't want me to help you put up posters after all. What a shame. I was actually starting to look forward to it."

Wait, Mona had told him that? She had been trying to work up the courage to ask him to help her with one more thing, unwilling to let their time together go. It seemed that drunk Mona was much more confident.

"W-well, I suppose you can still help." Mona hedged. "Only if you want, I mean." She added quickly, knowing how it sounded. 

"Alright." Scaramouche laughed at Mona, the sound rasping against Mona's ears and making her heart kick against her chest. 

---

"Well?" Scaramouche asked, covering a yawn with his hand. It was 5:30 AM, and Mona supposed most people would be asleep, but she wanted people to be able to see the posters the second they walked in the door. "Do you have the posters, or no?"

"Shh, stop worrying so much." Mona said. "Here, take these." She shoved a large pile of papers into Scaramouche's hands, making him stumble backward slightly. "I brought tape, too."

"Ahh, so essential." Scaramouche smirked, shifting the papers in his hands.

"Let's go over to this hallway first," Mona said, pointing her finger down one hallway. She chose to gracefully ignore Scaramouche's jab. 

As they walked down the hallway Mona was fully aware of how close she and Scaramouche were. His elbow brushed hers, sending tingles down her spine like Mona was back in 6th grade with her first crush again.

Mona reached the end of one hallway and began taping up the posters, dotted with stars. Scaramouche and Mona worked in silence for a few moments, the quiet punctuated by the ripping sound of tape.

"You know, from your silence, one might assume that you didn't actually hate me after all." Scaramouche said in a teasing tone. 

And just when Mona was starting to really appreciate him.

"Who said that?" Mona huffed.

"You did." Scaramouche said, turning to lean his shoulder against the wall, half-smirk present on his face like always. "Last night, drunk on the phone?"

"I-I don't remember anything like that." Mona said defensively, feeling the heat rising to her cheeks. She was absolutely sure that her face was flaming right now. "Besides, I thought we agreed to never talk about this."

"I can recall your exact words." Scaramouche said, his eyes narrowing and becoming more determined. His focus fixed entirely on Mona made her blush even harder, ears becoming pink. "'I'm so tired of pretending to hate you.'" 

Scaramouche said the words like he had been thinking about them a thousand times since that night. Had Mona really said that? It was mostly the reason she had gotten drunk that night, stuck in her room, parents out for the night, no one to call, nowhere to go. 

"Well, I-" Mona started, unsure how she would get out of this without lying. She detested lying, and especially didn't want to do it to Scaramouche.

"Is it true?" Scaramouche pressed closer to Mona, swiveling her around so her back was against the wall. Mona's eyes flicked up to Scaramouche's nervously, searching for something she didn't know the name of.

"Uh- um, sort of?" Mona said, the final words sliding upwards to make a question. Scaramouche pressed one hand to the wall by Mona's neck, fingers splayed, one gently brushing Mona's hair. He dipped his head lower, the tip of his nose grazing the side of her neck.

"Are you sure about that?" Scaramouche asked, voice dropping low and husky. 

Scaramouche's other hand slid up the wall to curve around Mona's back, as if Scaramouche was preparing for something. Mona's back arched slightly into his touch, curving into him as his lips brushed against the side of her neck. Scaramouche was clearly waiting for her to say something.

"Just shut up and kiss me." Mona whispered.

Scaramouche complied.

Their mouths pressed together with finality, Mona's chest constricting for lack of breath. Scaramouche's hand pulled Mona closer into him, backing her up to the wall, where he could tilt her head back for a better angle. 

The soft slide and press of their mouths sent swarms of butterflies down to Mona's stomach, Scaramouche flooding her senses. His hand grasped the back of her neck, pulling gently on her hair. 

Scaramouche pulled back slightly for air, his eyes wholly darkened and assessing Mona. His fingers tipped her chin up to face him. Mona was aware she probably looked like a mess, but she didn't really care that much, not after he had kissed her like that.

"You also said you liked that," Scaramouche said, his voice lower and raspier. 

"Liked that?" Mona asked, aware of how husky her voice sounded as well. It was clear they didn't really want to be talking right now. Scaramouche's eyes darted to her lips again, as Mona unconsciously bit her bottom lip.

"Liked it when I kissed you." Scaramouche said. Mona blushed and lifted her lips to Scaramouche's cheek. 

"Alright," Mona whispered. "We should probably get back to pasting posters, though. Otherwise we'll never get done."

The look Scaramouche shot Mona, a smile and twinkle in his eyes, told her she had finally made the right choice.

AHHH THE END AND ALL THAT SHIT

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING ILY <3

plus imma write a bonus one shot that kind of follows the same plot ish

-> https://www.wattpad.com/1122724206-in-another-world-ii-genshin-impact-one-shots-under