a case of bad luck

✧

"This is gonna be a huge surprise to you guys...But Spencer and I are together."

Liv glanced at the two girls with a sheepish grin on her face at her news. Evelyn and Simone shared looks, the two girls were obviously not surprised at Liv's confession. In fact, everyone saw it coming.

"Okay," Evelyn nodded.

Liv's eyebrows furrowed. "Okay? You two aren't surprised..."

"Girl, no," Simone scoffed. "Neither one of us is surprised. This is our it's about damn time face."

"What are you so stressed about?" Evelyn asked. "This is supposed to be the fun part. The honeymoon phase."

"You and Asher have been in the honeymoon phase since you guys got together," Liv groaned, slapping her hand against her forehead. "You don't get to lecture me."

"False," she snorted. "Remember the whole steroids, situation? Hmm, or the whole Victoria thing? That was not fun."

"Vanessa," Simone corrected. "Not, Victoria. What is with you and calling people the wrong names?"

Liv let out a dramatic sigh, bringing the attention back onto her. "I'm just having like, a mini freak-out, and I don't know why. I just don't want to hurt Layla."

"That ship sailed in Vegas," Simone said.

"Honestly, Liv, everyone saw it coming after the whole cabin situation," Evelyn shrugged. The girl proceeded to stand up from her stool and gather her belongings an audible groan escaping from her lips as she did so. "I will see you guys later."

"No," Liv stopped her. "Where are you going? You just got here. I kind of need my best friend in time of crisis."

She shrugged, throwing her purse over her shoulder. "I have to go to brunch with my boyfriend and his dad. Look, you and Spencer are perfect for each other. Stop overthinking."

"Brunch with his dad?" Simone wiggled her eyebrows. "Sounds serious."

"Not really," Evelyn grumbled, crossing her arms against her chest and furrowing her eyebrows together. "It'll just be an excruciatingly long conversation about Asher and football. That's all his dad ever talks about."

"At least they invited you!" Simone grinned, optimistically. "Have fun!"

☆☆☆

Meals with Asher's dad were always the same. Non-stop talk about football, it's not like Evelyn minded. After all, her father was one of the greatest football players so she basically grew up breathing football. However, she would never admit it to her boyfriend but she kind of preferred having conversations with Gwen because she was a lot more interesting than his dad.