9 | Niall

there is a bad typo in here somewhere but i can't for the life of me find it, so if you see it please comment on it so i can fix it!!

I never thought that I would ever say this, but, I actually quite enjoy hanging out at a strip club.

Obviously, I always thought I would...for the naked ladies...but at Sinfully Yours, 90% of the time, I wasn't even focused on the strippers. I meant, I like just hanging out with friends at a strip club. Especially since my best mate was the owner: free fucking drinks! 

There was one stripper that I kept most of my attention directed towards; Sette. I'd known her for about three weeks before getting to see her "in action", and by "in action" I mean half naked. Tonight. She had been running the club by herself for the past week and tonight was her last night in charge before Harry was due to come back. 

He called me from LA this morning just after I woke up and told me that everything went fine, and that his flight will get him back in London by late tomorrow morning. 

"Everything was fine, Ni. Literally nothing happened." He had told me when I asked him about the trip. We both knew that no activity was worse than bad activity. In our line of work, if things were good, it wouldn't take long for them to turn bad. It's just an occupational hazard. "Keep an eye on things in Dublin for me. Call Greg, see what's going on?"

"Yeah, of course." I made a mental note to call my brother in the next few days. "How was your mum?" Harry had flown to LA to visit some old colleagues from when we were younger, but that also meant talking to his parents. A task he typically hated.

"Ugh, the usual. She's still running things here in LA while dad is in hiding. I'm so glad that Gemma got out of this all." He vented to me as I walked aimlessly around my apartment. A year ago, his father, Des, almost got caught by the feds, so he's being laying low ever since. His mum, Anne, took over the family business. 

"Yeah same. Have you spoken to her?" Harry and his sister were a few years apart but were always very close growing up. Gemma, being the good big-sister that she was, tried to get him out of this line of business, and for a while it worked. He became a personal trainer for a bit, but he eventually got sucked back in. We all do. 

When your families are a part of the mafia, you can never escape.

"Not recently, she's still kinda mad about the strip club. She doesn't even know that it's just a front, she will literally kill me if she ever finds out." We both chuckled at that, knowing that Gemma wouldn't hesitate to scold Harry. I filled him in on how Sette was going with the club and then finished our conversation shortly after.

Sette had been handling everything pretty well. She was very motivated and driven in the role. If I had met her while she was in charge, I would have assumed that she was always so confident and powerful. I had no doubt that she naturally is confident and powerful, but her quiet personality didn't allow me to see that side of her for a while. The only time I came close was when I ran into her at the gym.