Chapter 1: The Slain Brother And The Old Man

A/N: I am Reflectionist on Fanfiction.net. So before you scream "You copied and pasted the story here!!!!!" Check on fanfiction.net. I've decided on posting on AO3 and Wattpad to increase reach and viewing, and to have a wider audience. Slightly tweaked some improvements here that will be reflected on fanfiction.net soon. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/10582936/

I am too strong

Those words played through Saitama's head over and over again.

My strength is too overwhelming

Saitama thought as he absentmindedly dodged attacks from a... from a...

He frowned, as he had forgotten his opponent's name already. Every single monster seemed to blend into one giant mix of color. It was always something like "I am the Destroyer of this, the Lord of that..." Self titles they had declared themselves to be. He moved to the left, as his opponent's sword sliced through a rock like it was butter. It's swordplay was brilliant, or if Saitama guessed since swords weren't his thing.

Is there a foe that can match me?

He let one of the swords impact him, and the blade shattered. The opponent let out a snarl, and Saitama felt an emotional stab of pity for a moment. Swords weren't cheap, especially, as he had observed, in that quality. A ripple in the air, and a new blade appeared, seemingly out of thin air. The flurry of slashes and jabs turned the surrounding landscape into rubble. It was pretty cool, Saitama concluded, that his opponent could summon blades out of nowhere and was rather resilient to his own shockwaves that he made.

Who knows...

"You're pretty fast Saitama, faster than most beings I've killed! Now, I'm gonna-"

A single punch came from Saitama, interrupting his opponent mid-speech. A sale in meat and veggies... Saitama realized, as he turned his gaze into the distant Z-City. Oh well, this was a meh, I guess I'll head to the sale and see if there's something worth getting. He had taken three steps before Saitama suddenly stopped, a tingle of electric shock running through him.

Turning around, he saw his opponent standing up on shaky legs, its eyes bulging with manic glee mixed with fury. "That was pretty strong!" He let out a stream in a different language before mixing back. Pointing its sword at Saitama, his opponent grinned as blood trickled down from its mouth. "You can't kill me forever, I always come back, and eventually... I'll kill you!"

"You can try" Saitama stated plainly, causing his opponent to jerk up in surprise, the dark brown eyes searching Saitama. "Not many can take a punch from me and get right back up."

"Tell me, what was your name again?" Saitama inquired, letting his arms dangle freely on the side.

His opponent's teeth grinded against each other, before he spat out a lump of blood. The dark brown eyes gazing into his own as he uttered his name. "Able"

Saitama nodded, his mind clicking in. "Able... alright. If you think you're strong enough to kill me, give it your all."

Able looked at him for a moment, the two swords resting at his side as the wind brushed by. It was after a few moments of silence, that Able attacked once again. His two swords spinning and slashing as he ran towards Saitama. When Able was close, just as one of the swords were about to land, Saitama punched him again. This time with a slightly more powerful push, but to incapacitate.

Able was flung back far, hitting the ground and flipped up and crashing into a rock wall some distance far. Able did not get up again, from what Saitama was able to tell. With a sigh, he turned back to the city and began a light jog to catch the sale.

[Some days later and somewhere else]

The Scarlet King watched the Grand Karcist Ion, ranting and raving back and forth in pain, the Sarkic runes glowing and stretching as the Grand Karcist moved. It had been a surprise indeed, to see the Grand Karcist enter a portal to conquer a world, and being flung into the walls of Adytum just few minutes later.

"The bald man of yellow and white! I shall defeat him properly next time!" The Karcist had howled from his throne in Adytum. Something which no doubt the Ambassador of Alagadda had gleefully poked and prodded at the Karcist. The bald man of yellow and white, had given the Karcist a good hit that sent him back and causing the portal to collapse.

And conveniently the last chain holding the door had shook violently from the shockwave, though everything else was shaking too. His focus was on Earth, against Etlinger and the O5... but the bald man of yellow and white, had turned his focus onto its world. Earth could wait, even if the chains snapped, the frantic efforts of the SCP Foundation, which, the Prince of Many Faces, successfully recruited an elementalist. That front could be taken care of later. It was the bald man of yellow and white, as he himself had observed him through the glass... was unremarkable in appearance, but its sheer power was unmatched, a giant frost monster being swatted aside like an ant.

It was something to keep an eye on.

[Later]

Saitama sat at home, watching the television. He had, a few days ago, defeated a guy named the Grand Racist. Who had climbed out of a portal, spouting some form of religious nonsense like the crazy people on the street. The portal looked cool, and so did the guy's staff and wings, but Saitama involuntarily clenched his fist as the movie went on. Racism, why pick on someone for their skin, appearance or... or a crap ton of other things. People were all the same really, and a guy claiming himself to be the Grand Racist Eon or something... well a punch settled that quickly.

A yawn let out from his mouth as he glanced at the clock. It was getting a bit late, and Saitama had to get up early tomorrow. "Several mysterious beings have attacked various districts throughout the Alphabet cities, multiple S-Class heroes successfully subdued them, though casualties remain high as the 'Immortal Reptile' has gone from Demon-level to Dragon-level during its rampage in City-R."

Flicking off the TV, Saitama prepared his futon and went to blissful sleep.

An hour later, a grinding corrosive sound was heard, as a black skeletal hand reached out and a humanoid figure climbed out, grinning and staring at its latest victi-

A punch landed on the things head and it disappeared back down the hole with a pop. Saitama rubbed his eyes with his other hand and turned the lights back on. He blearly examined the dark spot where the flooring was decaying.

"How the hell am I supposed to clean this up?!" Saitama said angrily, as the liquid began to slowly expand.

It was a long night for Saitama.