THE MOST WHOLESOME THING

OMG SO TODAY (28/08/2021) WE WENT TO SEE BE MORE CHILL FOR THE SECOND TIME!!! IT WAS AMAZING, BUT SOMETHING AWESOME HAPPENED IN THE INTERVAL!!!

*switches so that they're not in capital letters all the time*

So the interval had just started, so, being AFAB, I had to rush to the bathroom so that I would actually be able to go before the second half started. There was still a fairly long queue, and I was grumbling about how I couldn't go into the men's bathroom.

When I got back to my seat, I just sat in it very gayly, and said "Ah, the perils of being assigned female at birth."

THEN, THE PERSON ON MY LEFT SAID "I GET THAT."

I was shocked, and I turned around excitedly. They then told me that they were non-binary, and I was like "ohhhhh."

After a few moments, I turned back to them and said "I am too, but my parents don't know yet." (For clarification, my dad had just left to go to the bathroom, and my brother was on my right.)

Then they gave me some advice, telling me that if I suspected that my parents wouldn't accept me, I shouldn't come out until I'm older and I should have a plan.

I thanked them, smiled, and turned back to face the stage. My brother didn't hear any of what we were talking about, and he begged me to tell him. I very clearly said no. He tried to blackmail me by saying that I couldn't try any of his ice cream and I refused. (I love ice cream, okay?)

After the play was over, we had got up to leave, so I said "It was nice to meet you," and I smiled at them.

I'm pretty sure that I won't see them again, but it was a nice encounter.