Vol 1 - 5: Blood God - Part 1

Not once in his life had Dream been so interested in a group of people more than the new faces he had met today. First, it was the young girl he encountered chasing after her now-deceased brother. Then it was her, most likely, older brother. Both of them reminded him of Tommy and Tubbo. The 'inseparable' duo that he loved to toy with to the point of addiction.

But why? Perhaps it was their similar faces? Or maybe their similar dogged determination when it came to those they cared about? Regardless of the reason, Dream didn't care about why he was fascinated with them. All he cared about was talking to them, seeing what made them tick. Seeing what their morals were. Seeing how far he could push their buttons before they snapped.

And as he dragged them through the snow, their arms bound by some loose rope he had found, as was their legs, he glanced over to Technoblade, who carried the other two unconscious kids on his back, his face displaying that he was deep in thought.

Just what was Technoblade thinking about? Was he thinking about what he was going to do with the kids? Perhaps he was going to judge them, or maybe even torture them? No, he wasn't that heartless. Not like himself.

Not that Dream had a heart to begin with. No. He lost that years and years ago. Far before he had ever met the pig-man, and far before he ever met George and Sapnap.

He even remembered how he lost it. It was a dark day that one. He even had nightmares because of it. And taking into consideration that his name was Dream, or well, his alias was, it was poetic. In fact, it was that battle that caused him to take up the mantle of "Dream."

The title of "Dream" ran in his family. There was his father, Dream XD, which meant Dream – Xannder Davis. Xannder Davis was the name of his father, and his name was Clay Davis. Meaning that if he ever had to take his father's place as Elder God, his title would be Dream CD.

But he couldn't just take up the name "Dream" without a fight. No, no. That was something his father would not allow. If he had to fight for the title "Dream," his son would have to do the same.

He had to fight and kill a thing by the name of the Ender-King, the former ruler and protector of The End, and the being that tamed the Ender Dragon. This was to defend The End so that no one may rob The End Cities.

The Elders and the Enders had been at war ever since the dawn of time. Or, at least, that was what his father said. The Enders was a sub-species of the race that Dream was, that being of the Elders. The Enders wanted nothing more than to turn the world into a desolate land of void and endstone because they couldn't live anywhere else.

The Elders were what made the world what it was today, though only some precincts were given credit, such as God, the Greeks, the Romans, and so on. The Dream Gods weren't given much credit, if not any at all, due to their obscurity.

Every 100 years, the Enders and the Elders would fight in a war known as the Ender-Elder war. Each time the Elders won without even a drop of blood being spilt from them, as the Enders were too far behind in technological advancements.

And during that war, it had been a tradition for the middle child of the Dream God's to fight the current reigning Ender-King to the death. That person just so happened to be Clay.

Everyone in the Davis family bloodline fought that millennium's current reigning Ender-king. His grandfather, his father, and by then, it was his turn. He remembered bringing his sword down on the foul beast, but before he could kill it, it stabbed its hand through his armour and into his chest before taking out his heart.

Had he been a mortal, he would've died. He remembered that he heard his father cry out in anger. Had it not been for his father, he would've died. Even an immortal needed a heart to live. Though an immortal could live only a few hours without one, it had been thanks to the mask that he wore that he still lived.