Vol 2 - 5: On The Brink - Part 4

[1 hr and 30 minutes before Wilbur met up with Hanako, Lower Moon One, and Lower Moon Four.]

Being an Upper Moon was tough. Being an Upper Moon who knew that they could kill their supposed Master, Muzan Kibutsuji, was even tougher. But combining all of that with the frail mindset that Wilbur Soot had was a recipe for disaster waiting to be slammed into an oven and overbaked.

Still, however, Wilbur understood the power he had over Muzan, and he used it to his advantage. Not many Demons could say they had control over the king that ruled them all. However, unlike all of those Demons who thought they did and failed to prove it, he, on the other hand, had both the power and the proof.

However, there was just one issue.

That stupid Biwa Demon.

Nakime was a nuisance, that much Wilbur knew. Her Blood Demon Art was strange, weak almost, but it was extremely useful for Muzan's convenience. If he was ever in any imminent danger, Nakime would be sure to send it far away.

Much to Wilburs annoyance, Nakime had done just that, but not to the city he had been in previously. No, because of course she wouldn't. Instead, she had spat him out into a forest in the middle of bum fuck nowhere.

Growling to himself, he stood up from the ground he had been plopped onto, dusting himself off as he did so. He shook his head free of any nasty insults he had planned to throw Nakime's way when he would see her again—which was most likely at the next Upper Moon meeting, but he digressed.

The forest gave off a peaceful, almost serene air that, depending on the person, would quell their anger or rage from anyone at a given distance. However, seeing as Wilbur was NOT one of those people, the calming air did not affect the British man, not even in the slightest.

"Damn that Biwa bitch, but, I suppose keeping that stupid King of ours alive for the time being would be... somewhat beneficial, even if it is only for a short period." Wilburs voice, while not the most ear grating to listen to, sounded a bit more hoarse than usual.

He cleared his throat, scanning the area around him. Nothing but trees for miles. The man let out a sigh of defeat. He'd have to walk a bit further ahead before he could spot out any sort of person. Not many people lived in the forests, and those who did were water back hunters or homeless people living off the land.

Most people who were like that tasted better, but there were times the meat off the bone was a bit... chewy. Wilbur wasn't a picky eater, but he did know a few in his ranks that were. You see, unlike a certain Demon he knew about, Wilbur believed in equal rights. And equal rights meant equal bites.

To Wilbur, it didn't matter if you were a child, an adult, a woman, a man, transgender or otherwise. If you were a human, and you could be eaten, you would be eaten. Akaza, Upper Moon Three, did not like him for eating "weaker humans," going on record to say that by doing so, he wasn't getting stronger.

Of course, Muzan knew better than that and quickly shut his argument down, but that was when he had only just joined the Upper Moons.

Speaking of which. If he remembered correctly, the forest he was in was the same spot Daki and Gyutaro were dumped when they were demoted from the Upper Moons.

It was funny, the pair weren't even demoted to Lower Moons, they were just dropped from the Moons entirely. Then again, Wilbur did completely clown on them when they fought to keep their rank. Seeing as how they bickered far too much during the fight, it was clear to Muzan that they were far too incompetent, so they were dropped off in the forest to starve.

He didn't know what their fates had been, however, if he did see them again, he would probably have to fight them, most likely so they could take their position back.