Vol 4 - 3: In Blood We Trust - Part 5

There were many a time when Technoblade truly had felt peace. Be it when he had vanquished the Mongol hordes in Ming-Dynasty China, or when he decimated members of the Crusade bare-handed in a 1-on-10,000 fight. He could bring up a multitude of times when he fought and as a result, had felt inner peace.

Truly, it was in a conflict where he belonged. He knew that much, but ever since he had come to this world, he had found that his lust for bloodshed was... mitigated. Not entirely, mind you, but he had found himself calming down a hell of a lot more than he had realized. And while the voices were a constant, no matter how much he tried to get rid of them, he hoped that one day he'd be free of them.

Not a chance!

You're stupid!

Haha, L plus Ratio plus you fell off!

Technoblade let out a huff of air through his nose, as he stared down at someone he hadn't thought he'd see in a long time. Black and white skin met halfway, nothing bleeding over to the other side, a perfect harmony between the two shades. The man before him had one red eye and one green eye, both of which stared into his own blood-red eyes. He also had black and white messy hair going all over the place, with no hints of him trying to make it look more presentable. Which, seeing as who this person was, made sense. Technoblade did notice, however, that parts of his hair were starting to grey, most likely from stress. There was a crown sitting gently upon the man's hair, along with his black business suit, which showed that he was a businessman first and foremost, but either way, he still remembered the man as he had always had.

"Ranboo... Is it truly you, this time?" Technoblade asked, staring at his old friend with a hesitant gleam in his eyes. The half-and-half enderman smiled, revealing a small scar on his palm.

"This is when I stopped your blade from ripping my head off of my shoulders around a millennium ago. When we first met in Hell, when you had been recently crowned as King of Hell... Satan." As Ranboo replied with the answer he was looking for, Technoblade smirked. The Blood God, who had his hand on the hilt of his sword since the start of the meeting, placed his now empty hand in his lap, his guard dropped—something he only did in the company of those he completely trusted.

Ranboo showed up at the front door of his mansion, which was hidden deep within the woods of Kumitori mountain, around 20 minutes ago. Right now, they were sitting in the main lobby, sitting at the table with tea made by Mukago—Lemon tea, if Technoblade remembered correctly—which was what Ranboo had requested. At first, Mukago was hesitant, seeing as Ranboo was a stranger and someone that appeared to be a Demon.

Technoblade knew otherwise. The Ender King, or, in Ranboo's case, The Ender Prince, did share some similarities with the Demons of this world, but beyond that, they had nothing in common. When he put Mukago's fears at ease, he told her to make the tea, which had just been placed on their table 5 or so minutes ago.

While the prospect of Ranboo having known where they lived before him even knowing about it was definitely creepy, for however long Ranboo knew he was here, mattered not. What mattered was that they discussed the letter that he sent him around about a week back. But first, pleasantries were in order.

"It's good to see you, old friend," Technoblade replied, as Ranboo smiled, reaching his hand out for a handshake.

"Same to you, Techno. Same to you."

The Blood God reached out, and gripped him sturdily by the wrist, as did Ranboo, before giving each other a light tug, signifying that the feeling was mutual. After pulling away, Technoblade adjusted himself in his seat, crossing his arms as he reclined himself in his chair. "I read the letter.... Do you truly believe that I'd be foolish enough to team up with the enemy?"