THREE

Angel

August 29th, 2020
4 Hours before the incident

I watched Maurice stare at himself in the closet door mirror as I laid on the bed. Tonight is the night where we are going to be going to this party with Jackson. "Damn, my nigga," I heavily sighed. "Who you tryna impress tonight?"

Maurice smacked his teeth, looking back at me. "I'm tryna score some pussy tonight. Lemme be great."

Just then, the door knocked a few times. I got up to go answer it. "Your mind always set on some girls, bro. Nun' of them doesn't like your ugly ass anyways, lil boy," I laughed.

"Fuck you, you're only older by a couple hours."

I twisted the knob and pulled the door opened. I'm met face to face with an energetic looking Jackson. "Is my boys ready?!"

I slightly jumped from his pumped energy. I looked back and saw that caught Maurice off guard too. His eyes were wide, giving out a concerning expression. "My guy, are you good?" He asked.

I gave Maurice a look to cut it out, chuckling. My head whipped back to Jackson. "Yeah, we should be if Pretty Boy is over here done getting ready."

"I'm finished, aight?" Maurice shot back.

Tell me why when I looked back over at him, he's over here putting his dreads into a bun wrapped up into his Burberry scarf.

"Don't look finished. Maurice, you are like a female, taking forever just to get ready to go somewhere."

"Just a minute. I'm tryna get this shit right."

I let out a sigh and looked back at Jackson. "You seeing this?"

Jackson only just stood there with his arms folded over his chest, laughing. "Even though I haven't known you two long, I admire y'all's friendship. Never met no one like you two."

Hearing this wasn't anything new to me. We hear this from a lot of people we encountered in our lifetimes. It often made me wonder that without Maurice, I would be hopeless.

" 'Preciate that. If I got a dollar how many times we've both got told that."

"I'm ready!" I heard Maurice announce, walking over to us. "You're happy, my lil whiny Angel?"

"Shut the fuck up and come on. We were waiting for your bum ass to get done being ready," I said, lightly pushing him out the door first so I can lock up.

"Why I have to be a bum though?"

I shook my head and stepped out and closed the door, locking it behind us. The three of us make our way to leave out of the dorms.

The sunset casted over the horizon with this pinkish-orangish color being painted in the sky. I always found the sunset to be beautiful.

Jackson fished his keys from out of his pockets as we walked over to the student parking. When he pressed the button on his key, I was surprised when I saw a nice looking ass truck blink a few times. There is no way that is his car.

"That's you?"

Jackson nodded his head, laughing. "Yeah, bro. That's all me right there. My dad bought it for me some time ago. Still looks brand new don't it? I try to keep it in great condition."

Oh yeah, white boy got money.

"You can't even tell."

Maurice was quick to admire the truck, touching on all the front of like it's his. "Yo, Jackson, it's aight if I take a quick pic for the Gram in front of it?"