TWELVE

Maurice

"The hell is that?" Angel squinted his eyes as he looks out the back of the car's window.

I gripped his shirt, scared outta my mind.

"Hollon, watch out, Maurice." I moved ova' where he then begins to set the car into drive. "I'm not about risk us finding out what this shit is."

This gotta be a car's headlights or sumn'. No lights can be this bright in the dark.

Angel turns on the windshield wipers and begins to pull out of the parking lot. I lowered my window to peek and see what it was and smacked my lips.

"Man, it's not een' a car."

Angel damn near slammed the brakes afta' he heard me say that.

It was only the lighthouse from the distance causing us both to let out a sigh in relief. Are you telling me that I was scared fa' no reason?

The rain was pouring hard as fuck do it made everything hard to make out. His eyes squinted, tryna get a good look.

Suddenly, Angel begins to laugh causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. "You looked scared as fuck, bro!" Then he lets out the ugliest laugh, but it's still cute as hell.

"Bitch-you were scared too, don't play me like that." But of course, I joined in on the laughter too.

Afta' calming down, we both began our journey right back up. I fell back asleep.

I was in a good ass dream until Angel woke me up. I noticed that we stopped somewhere. This place looked far off where people obviously neva' visited.

I had no idea where we are.

My arms raised as I begin to stretch my limbs while I let out a yawn. "Where we at?"

Angel shrugged his shoulders. "I was driving and I saw some abandoned lookin' place. I think this a cabin, I believe."

My eyes squinted. "Are you sure thea' ain't no people hea'?"

"Well, we boutta find out." Angel gets out of the car and I'm let hea' lookin' 'bout dumb as hell. Imma stay my black ass in this car if any shit goes wrong.

Ion need anymo' bad luck coming my way.

"Maurice! Bring yo ass out hea'!" I hear Angel call from the outside.

Sighing, I get outta the car and walk up to where he's at in front of the cabin.

"Help me get this door open." He was struggling on tryin' to open the door.

I went ova' to the door, putting both our shoulders against it until it opened up. I flinched right afta' from that hard ass door hurting the fuck outta my shoulder.

Inside the cabin was dark as shit. Sumn' touched my arm and I screamed 'bout loud as shit.

Just then, the light flickered on. "It's just me that touched you, dumbass," Angel huffed.

My face contorts into a mug. "Don't do that shit. Scared the shit outta me."

He rolled his eyes and walked further inside the cabin. The inside wasn't so bad to say the least. It's just only old furniture and otha' sorts. It just has this cozy vibe to it, which I heavily fuck with.

The first thing that I do is hop my black ass to lay on the old, brown, leather couch. It wasn't much but it's sumn'. Betta' than what I been sleeping in these past few days.

Angel's annoying ass came ova' to smack the shit outta my leg. "I'm gonna get some of our things, Imma be back."

I nodded my head at my best friend. He left out for a minute. I want to catch up on some sleep again so I closed my eyes since I'm ti'ed as hell for some odd reason.