TWENTY FOUR

Maurice

We're both back in Atlanta. In the next upcoming weeks, we are goin' to go back to attending college.

Maurice's mom, Monica, was overly helping Maurice and that made him a tad bit frustrated. He kno' he happy to have his mom around again. Monica expressed how she's scared to leave his side again. My mom is the same way with me.

I'm in my old bedroom, laying down on my back while staring up at the ceiling. Thea' was a knock on my door. I looked up to see that it's just Maurice.

I gave him a smile, to which he returns. "You okay?" He asks, slowly walking in.

The bullet didn't have too much of an affect on him so that's good. It still breaks my heart that he was the one who got shot though.

"Yeah, I'm good, just thinking."

He laid down in the bed next to me. "What you thinking 'bout?"

"Everything. I still can't believe we made it through that. Sometimes I just wanna wake up, thinking that all of this was a crazy ass dream, but it isn't."

Maurice grabs my hand and softly rubs it with his thumb, bringing comfort. He smiles up at me. "Yeah, I think that too sometimes. Like I really got shot. Not only that, but we made it out. Crazy how we went from U.S. fugitives to being back at home in Atlanta."

We real life lived a movie, and that's the wild part.

Ever since being back home, these past three days has not been normal to me. I mean, how can you go back to living normally afta' what we just been through? It's like I'm constantly even mo' on edge and I don't know what to do.

Is it okay to feel like that?

"Whateva' you're thinking about, just know that you're not alone. We been through a lot togetha' and we're goin' to get through this togetha'. It's okay to feel uneasy as of now."

I turned my head to look at him. "How ya feelin'?"

He gives me a small smile. "Still in pain, but what can I do?"

I frowned but went to kiss his cheek a few times. He shook his head and puckers his lips. Chuckling, I leaned forward so I could give him what he wants.

"I also been thinking about getting sum' help, you know. For my anger and bipolar issues."

"See, that's so good, Angel. I'ma support you all the way."

That feels good hearing that from Maurice. Always good to know somebody who got your back. We're not only lovers, but we're still best friends.

"Come hea'," I lowly told him.

He seemed hesitant to come closer to me until I pulled his waist into me sum' mo'. "Sit on my lap," I said in his ear.

He starts to become all shy and shit. "We're not alone, Angel, anybody can just bust up in hea'."

"So? You know I love seeing you on top of me."

Maurice, rolling his eyes, gets on top of me on my lap. I slightly lifted up his shirt and put both my hands on his waist. He slightly shivers from the coolness of my hands.

To play around with him, I slightly buck up my hips so he could feel it. Maurice tries to keep himself togetha' as he bites his bottom lip.

"I rememba' how you kept on saying that you're not gay. Na' look at you. You can't keep your hands offa' me."

With harshness, I smacked his ass, making him slightly yelp. "And I was missing out on sumn' so special. It all worked out though 'cus we togetha' na'."