TEN

Angel

We stared at the old school looking car. I put my finger on the hood, sliding my finger on it. Dust was on it, and I quickly blew it from my finger.

"How old is this shit?" I straight up asked.

"1999 but she works good as new."

"Hell no," Maurice muttered.

I elbowed him in the stomach causing him to hunch forward a bit. He shot me a glare but didn't say anything.

We wrapped it up and decided to head back to my room. The whole atmosphere was quiet until I broke out into a smile seeing that Maurice was tightly gripping the key.

"Damn, that key ain't going nowhere, MaurMaur."

His brows raised. "Man, what I tell you about calling me that? Only my grandma can say it."

"What you gonna do about it?"

"We can fight right hea' if ya want. Ain't no problem to me," he says, pulling up his pants.

I rolled my eyes at him being like this. I can never take him serious, especially when he acts like a kid half the time.

"Nigga, shut up. Ain't nobody fighting you, fool. Matta' of fact, get out." I tried to pretend that I was serious, and it must have worked cus' he folded.

Just like that, he was pouting with this look of sadness in his eyes. "Nah, I was just playing! Don't kick me out for real, Angel."

I almost wanted to laugh. His ass always wanna be up under somebody so bad.

He goes to lay down next to me on my bed. He takes most of my covers making me smack him on the arm.

"Chill out, I gotta get warm too."

"You can get warm with-"

"That's it. Get ya ass out."

"I'm sorry! Imma for real stop." I shook my head at him.

Afta' a while of him playing around with me, he eventually falls asleep. I looked down at him and saw how peaceful he looks when he sleeps.

Gotta admit, he looks cute.

Not that I'm gay or anything.

I snuggled some more underneath the covers and closed my eyes myself. We got a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

• • • • • • • • • • •

The next morning, we woke up early as fuck. We already had our things ready from the other night.

We said bye to the old man and a thanks for helping us out. Maurice did the absolute most and hugged him and he goes to pat his back.

I stood back awkwardly as I gently tried to pull him back. "Man, come on."

Maurice cut his eyes at me. "Chill, Angel. You're supposed to respect your elders."

Nigga is straight goofy.

He eventually got in the car and old man was just shaking his head at him. "You two be safe. Don't let 'em' get you."

I nod my head at his words. "Thanks for everything, for real."

"No, problem. Anything to help you boys out, especially for those who is trying to do right." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a few hundreds, I immediately go to shake my head.

"No, I can't take-"

"Don't say that you can't take it. Just take it. You and your friend need this money more than I do. You need money for gas and food, especially since gas is high na'."