TWENTY ONE

Angel

"Why you always so clingy, man?"

Maurice just gives me an innocent look with his arms still wrapped around my waist. He goes to bury his face in the crook of my neck.

" 'Cus I love you," he smiled.

The two of us are currently living on this beach. It always has a nice view in our bedroom. Since we live on a beach, we get to see the waves lapping and the sun from a distance.

Right na', the sun is setting over the horizon with birds flapping their wings in the sky.

That's when he removed his face from outta my neck and kissed me on my lips.

The moment I flipped us over, he wanted to get up. "Chill, my asshole still hurts, Angel."

"I don't give a fuck," I told him, not caring at all.

He frowned at me, slightly whining a bit. This makes me softly grab his chin and placed a gentle peck to his lips again.

He smiled, na' satisfied.

As usual, he plays with the cross that's on my neck. The room was filled with a comfortable silence.

It wasn't until Maurice finally speaks. "Angel."

"Hm?" I hummed.

"You like it hea'?"

Angel gives me a strange look befo' he chuckled. "Yes, I love it. It's so beautiful hea'. I'm so used to how it was living like in Atlanta."

I played with his fingers that was interlocked with my hand. "So, how you like it?"

"I love it too," he smiled.

His face suddenly looks shocked. "Oh! I almost forgot."

He rips the covers from over himself and got up to go into a different room. My eyebrows furrowed as I was wondering what Maurice is up to.

A moment later, he comes back with sumn' hidden behind his back. That smile of his threatening to etch across his face, but he tries to bite it back.

"What you up to, Maurice?"

"It's a surprise."

"You finally ordered those kinky ass toys—"

Maurice laughs as he shook his head. "Not yet, but soon though," he winked.

I rolled my eyes with a shake of my head. "Then what is it then?"

He removes the gift from his back, finally revealing what it was. "Damn, Maurice, you made this?"

I looked into his eyes, feeling myself becoming emotional. Maurice quickly noticed this and sat closer to me on the bed. He handed it to me as I went to closely examine it.

"Don't cry, Angel, because I'm gonna cry."

I laughed a lil, looking down at the necklace that he's made with the pendant being a picture of us when we were younger.

I rememba' taking this picture too. Both our families had a barbecue cookout together. My mom was holding the camera as she took a photo of us after we had a water gun fight.