Chapter 28

Both Minho and Minjun were on their way outside of the school building. Their family drama wasn't of anyone's business after all.

They were now standing by the school gate. Minho looked at Minjun and raised his eyebrows as he crossed his arms. "So... tell me," He wanted an explanation.

Minjun still had so much anger inside of him. He was also annoyed by Minho just standing there all cool and composed. He had to get his act together first, if he wanted to have an actual conversation that is. Thinking rationally instead of emotionally. "Give me a sec," he said, trying to contain his emotions as he breathed in and out while pacing back and forth a few times.

Minho just nodded and waited for Minjun to get his act together.

Minjun sighed as he finally stood still. He turned around, facing Minho. "Okay," the latter said. "You probably don't know where to start, so... why do you hate me so much? What did I do?" Minho asked his cousin.

Not answering in anger was a challenge to Minjun, but he decided to just get straight to the point. No shouting, no crying, no drama. "You faked being my friend," Though he was wondering whether Minho was being serious, was playing dumb or really had no idea.

Minho frowned as he looked at Minjun in confusion. "I faked what? Who told you that?" The conversation had only started, yet Minho was so lost already. "How can a six year old fake a friendship? I'm confused,"

Minjun was now just as confused. "I thought you knew that your mother asked my parents for money..." He was thinking of a way to say it clearly, but everything was just so confusing to him. "My mom wanted me to have a friend, but auntie wouldn't let you hang out with me. She only allowed it if my mom paid her money."

Minho was looking at Minjun in disgust. "What the hell is this kid saying," he thought to himself. He was getting a bit angry again.

He saw right through his aunt. He remembered what happened. He was there when his aunt stood in front of their doorstep, offering his mother money. He saw and heard his mother rejecting that money.

Minho was very thankful for his brain. Thankful that he had such good memory, although some things he wished to forget. He scoffed, then laughed as he was amazed by this renewed story he had just heard. Minjun was just staring at him with a frown. Minho cooled off and said, "My mom never asked your mother for money,"

Whatever story Minjun's mother had told him, Minho was impressed. He would completely understand if Minjun didn't believe his word for it. Since that's the story he grew up with and believed for many years. "However... I do remember your mother offering my mother money, and my mother rejecting it," Minho continued. "As a six year old, that didn't have many friends, standing behind that door and overhearing that there was someone I could play with made me happy. My mom never accepted any money, she let me hang out with you because I genuinly wanted to be your friend, I wanted you to be my friend,"

Minjun couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't believe a word Minho was saying. It was all still registering in his brain. "If that's true, then why did you suddenly stop coming over," His mother told him it was because she couldn't pay Minho's mother anymore, so she wouldn't allow Minho to go over anymore.

He must say, when he's telling the story himself it really doesn't seem like it's real. It seemed really stupid. Then again, his mom and Minho's mom never really got along... That's why it sounded believable to him back then.

Minho squinted his eyes at Minjun. "Is he just playing dumb or does he really not know anything?" Minho wondered to himself. "As you probably already know, our parents didn't and still don't get along," he said, to which Minjun nodded. "Well... my dad wouldn't allow me to come over anymore because of our moms' past, but the biggest reason is still because he never wanted to see your parents again after they didn't come to the funural," he added as he leaned back against the wall. He was done fighting.

Minjun looked lost and confused. He didn't know what to believe anymore. He didn't know who to believe anymore. His mother's story was starting to make no sense in his mind anymore. He was also still wrapping up all the information Minho had just told him.

Minho saw Minjun's facial expression change as the boy didn't only feel lost... he looked lost as well. Whether Minjun believed him or not, it was the truth. "I really don't know what you've been told, but... what really happened and what your parents told you that happened are two different things." he said.

Minjun, while still wrapping his head around all of this, started pacing back and forth again. As he let all of the information sink in, he suddenly stopped in his step and looked at Minho. "Wait..." he began. "Funural?" It finally hit him. That last sentence of what Minho had said before. "Who passed away?" he asked quietly and carefully.

Minho's eyes widened. Unbelievable. He couldn't believe the words that just came out of Minjun's mouth. He was shocked. "My mother," Minho said as he started to tear up a bit, not letting a single tear go.

Minjun's eyes widened and his knees gave out. He fell down on his knees and just sat there, looking at the floor in shock. Minho felt pity, seeing him like this. He now realised Minjun had been living under a big rock for most of his life.

As the schoolbell rang, both boys were still standing—or sitting—there in shock. Minjun didn't even hear the bell, but Minho did. The latter looked up at the school building and noticed there were a lot of windows people could see them from. He decided to get on eye-level with Minjun and snap him out of it. He pulled the boy up and hit him on his shoulders as he said, "Get yourself together,"

Minjun looked up into Minho's eyes. "I'm really sorry," he said, to Minho's shock. He didn't think he'd get through to him that quickly. "And I'm also sorry about your mom," he added.

Minho simply just smiled at him. "It's fine..." he said softly as he hugged his cousin. "There's still time to process it all," he added, as he was sure this would be a bit of a burden to him. Suddenly discovering you had been lied to your whole life can be very hard. "At least I'm glad you made a friend here, you're not alone," he spoke with a smile as he pulled out of the hug.

"Jisung?" Minjun wondered out loud. "Who else would it be, idiot. You only have one friend," he thought to himself.

"Yes, Jisungie," Minho said as he suddenly looked at him in all seriousness. "I know this might not be the right time, but... If you ever hurt Jisung, I'll kill you," he said half jokingly. He tried to lighten up the mood a bit, while changing the topic.

With a tear in his eye, Minjun laughed softly. Finally, a smile appeared on his face. "Aren't you a hypocrite," he said as a joke. "Ha ha, just kidding... He's not into me anyway,"

Minho laughed as he had that one coming to him. That's exactly what he said to himself not too long ago, but he meant it. "Just saying... Either as a friend or something more, don't hurt him,"

"Not a chance," Minjun said.

[A/N]
Double update tonight? Maybe 👀

Q; I really don't know what to ask.. head empty

A;

To be continued ;)